🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: PAID CONNECTS.
Page options
khaleesta
Community Member

PAID CONNECTS.

I buy connects but when a client did not even interview me and the job posting was closed connect is gone to waste. So not only you are collecting on each contract, you're collecting just from the application for each job as well?

8 REPLIES 8
digwin
Community Member

Really this is worse case that upwork should avoide.We are also limited with the connects to send proposals atleast upwork should give a chance to our connects to reuse on other jobs.Recently i heared upwork has changed his policy and removed the free connect policy and everytime we have to buy connects so it's true as i heared since i'm quite new on upwork and just joined it now?

khaleesta
Community Member

Yes, you have to buy connects to apply. Your connects you use to apply will be wasted if your not hired. 

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

UW is not a vending machine. It is a platform that provides marketing and invoicing services to small businesses. As a freelancer, you are a small business and it's necessary to invest in certain things in order to operate, e.g. a computer, an Internet connection, possibly licenses, certifications and/or insurance, etc. The cost of connects is another expense you need to factor into your business plan. No telecom company is going to give you mobile phone service for free, and the days of free access to UW's services are over. There is no point in any of us moaning about it. It just is.

ahmedelshenawy
Community Member

i think this is good for some freelancers as you will not see now all the jobs have 50+ freelancer proposals so every one will think before make any proposal and every one will propose in his speciality only  

lysis10
Community Member

You should all go try Adwords CPC ads and see how much sympathy you get from Google when you don't make sales from your $100s lost in ad clicks.

Jennifer M wrote:

You should all go try Adwords CPC ads and see how much sympathy you get from Google when you don't make sales from your $100s lost in ad clicks.

The week before Easter, I put up some Google ads for my daughter's holiday nail collection and then forgot about it...remembered three or four days after Easter, and I'd spent something like $162 extra advertising Easter designs on and after the holiday.

Tiffany S wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

The week before Easter, I put up some Google ads for my daughter's holiday nail collection and then forgot about it...remembered three or four days after Easter, and I'd spent something like $162 extra advertising Easter designs on and after the holiday.

OMG, that's worse than my STARZ subscription. I turn it on every year to watch the new season of 'Outlander' and twice I've forgotten to turn it off again for months.

Tiffany S wrote:

I've given so much to Google Adwords and I have no idea what I'm doing lol. I've lost a couple of benjamins in a couple days too.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths