🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » PAN pending verification
Page options
arnabroy30
Community Member

PAN pending verification

Hello,

I have received an email yesterday regarding my PAN verification. My Tax information section containing the PAN number is valid and I have verified it with the Income Tax Department. Is there anyone from India facing the same issue? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Alok,

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

101 REPLIES 101
adiroy2
Community Member

Yes, I am also facing the same issue. I re-checked it with the IT department's official site, and it says my PAN is still valid. But this site says otherwise. I think we have to wait for a few days after reuploading the PAN?

svijay84
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue as well. My Pan is valid and even got the TDS credited to my account earlier this month, but for some reason Upwork says 'Pan pending verification'.

I've an issue with my Pan card detail and wanted to chat with the customer support agent. Earlier, when I had any issue, it usually gets resolved quickly by the support staff, but now all I get is a bot that keeps showing me irrelavant articles.

What's the process to reach a human support staff?

ksaravanan89
Community Member

Hello,

I'm also facing same issue "PAN pending verification". I'm not able to create ticket via support. 

Not sure where to contact.

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks for reaching out. If you've managed to add either your PAN or Aadhaar number successfully, i.e. it was accepted and you didn't get an error message, you're good to go! No further action on the Upwork platform is necessary.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

I got a mail about the Update Tax ID (PAN) on 31 January 2022. I have added the PAN number. But still, it shows PAN pending verification. Need help.

I'm Facing Same Issue Still PAN verification pending.

Hi Anshul,

Thank you for your message. If you've added your PAN number successfully, i.e. it was accepted and you didn't get an error message, you're good to go! No further action on the Upwork platform is necessary.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

But it's not working! Even after adding the pan card details!

HI Pradeep,
I'm also facing the same issue "Pan pending verification" while my details are right also getting message on traces after verify my Pan i.e. "Pan is active and details are as per Pan".
But still my pan verification is pending sinnce 1 week.
Please fix this asap and let me know how much time it will take or if any action required from my end.
Please see the attached image

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vikas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ AJ
Upwork
sruthivs
Community Member

Hi,

I got a mail about Update Tax ID (PAN) on 31 January, 2022. I have added the PAN number. But still it showing PAN pending verification. Please advise.

Hi Sruthi,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
sruthivs
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

Thank you for the reply. I have attaching the screenshot of  PAN Card validation. I have entered the same details in Upwork. But still PAN card verification pending. Please help.

Sruthi

Hi Sruthi,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members has already reached you via a ticket to assist you further. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

I got a mail about Update Tax ID (PAN) on 31 January, 2022. I have added the PAN number. But still it showing PAN pending verification. Please advise. I have been facing the same problem and unable to generate ticket via support. Please help

Thanks for reaching out, Aishwarya. Sorry, we cannot directly verify your tax information. Once you add the information to your Upwork account, we submit it to the Indian Tax authorities for verification.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey! I checked on the Indian Tax website and my PAN is verified there. I will need Upwork verification to file tax return for this cycle but it doesn't show verified here. The form 26AS on income tax website is not showing any TDS amount that has been deducted on Upwork for my weekly/monthly payments

Hi Aishwarya,

It looks like you already have a ticket opened regarding this concern. Please allow time for our team to respond and update the ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I got a mail about the Update Tax ID (PAN) on 31 January 2022. I have added the PAN number. But still, it shows PAN pending verification. My PAN is verified here. Need help.

Nilofer here.

I got a mail about the Update Tax ID (PAN) on 31 January 2022. I have added the PAN number. But still, it shows PAN pending verification. Need help.

Hi Nilofer,

I would like to clarify that we cannot directly verify your tax information. Once you add the information to your Upwork account, we submit it to the Indian Tax authorities for verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hie, 

I have already submitted my Pan ID within the Upwork account and also checked with the Indian Tax authorities. Still, it is showing Pending verification. 

Hi Nilofer,

If when you added your PAN number it was accepted and you didn't get an error message, you're all set. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~Andrea
Upwork

All right, thanks. When will this pending notification get changed?

Hi Andrea, it's still not working even after aadding the pan card number sucessfully! Facing same issue!

Hi Ritankar,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thanks for the clarification. How long does it usually take after adding the PAN for the verification? How much TDS is charged until the PAN is verified? Is PAN not added and not verified the same, Is 5% charged for both cases?

Hi,
I have same issue. I have cross-checked my id, it is same. But, still pending in Upwork. Please solve my issue?

Thanks!

Hi Poonam,

I would like to clarify that we cannot directly verify your tax information. Once you add the information to your Upwork account, we submit it to the Indian Tax authorities for verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

But it's deducting tax , even I updated PAN number but not showing verified.

Hi Joanne,

My Pan ID keeps getting rejected even after deleting and updating again. Please help me solving this issue. Thank you.

Hi Persi,

I can see that your PAN number is added to your account. Once you add the information to your Upwork account, we submit it to the Indian Tax authorities for verification. If you added your PAN number, it was accepted, and you didn't get an error message, you're all set. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
569806ed
Community Member

Hi Luiggi , my PAN has been verified but in my earnings it is still withholding 5% tds instead of 1%. Please help

Hi Dhruv,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
victorious83
Community Member

Hi Joanne,
I am also got a mail about Update Tax ID (PAN) on 31 January, 2022. I have added the PAN number. But still it showing PAN pending verification from last one week. Please advise.

Hi Rajiv,

If when you added your PAN number it was accepted and you didn't get an error message, you're all set. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

I got a mail about Update Tax ID (PAN) on 31 January, 2022. I have added the PAN number. But still it showing PAN pending verification. Please advise.

Hi Sahil,

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members