🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » PAYMENT MODE
Page options
kristinaupwork21
Community Member

PAYMENT MODE

Hi everyone! I'm new to Upwork. I am a Filipino citizen and my boyfriend is an American. Is it possible to use his US bank account to get paid? If so, what are the requirements?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "If i set up a dollar account, would it be considered as a US bank account?"

Yes.

If you set up a U.S. dollar account as explained in the link, one which is ACH-compatible, that will work. Other Upwork freelancers who are not U.S. residents or citizens have reported success doing that.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes.

As long as you are a full, named beneficiary, using your legal name as you use on your Upwork profile, you may indeed use that U.S. bank account to withdraw funds.

Thanks, Preston! Unfortunately, I am not a beneficiary. Is there any other way?

re: "Unfortunately, I am not a beneficiary. Is there any other way?"

Yes.

If you are not a named beneficiary and account holder now, that is fine. You may become such, and then withdraw funds to that account.

Alternatively, set up a new U.S. account for yourself.

https://wise.com/us/blog/open-a-us-bank-account-non-resident

Thank you for this!! This is such a big help for me! I'm not earning much but every dollar counts! 🙂 God bless you all!

shoaib2210
Community Member

Hi! I don't think it's possible, because for earning withdrawal you can only withdraw to your personal account. That means the title of your account should be the same

If i set up a dollar account, would it be considered as a US bank account? Thanks, by the way!

re: "If i set up a dollar account, would it be considered as a US bank account?"

Yes.

If you set up a U.S. dollar account as explained in the link, one which is ACH-compatible, that will work. Other Upwork freelancers who are not U.S. residents or citizens have reported success doing that.

84443f72
Community Member

Hi. Can i know if Upwork can make payment to Wise account?  thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members