Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE FIX - No Fixed Price Jobs Showing

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
1 of 8

When using the Search Results Feature in my category all FIXED PRICE JOBs DISAPPEAR when I remove the Entry Level Job button.

I want to see fixed price jobs and Intermediate and Expert hourly work but if I remove Entry Level all fixed price disappears.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
2 of 8
Not sure which is more frightening: that this was a thoughtless design/implementation decision or a thoughtful one.
Highlighted
Community Leader
Julie T Member Since: Sep 29, 2011
3 of 8

What is truly scary is all the PR done with the name change about how Upwork's platform making it easier for clients and freelancers to find each other. BTW Jean, everytime I look at my job feed I think about you bc I get the resume? cover letter/personal statement listings, which is actually laughable bc I have anxiety attacks when I attempt to do that genre of writing. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
4 of 8

What is truly scary is all the PR done with the name change about how Upwork's platform making it easier for clients and freelancers to find each other.

This is what humors me. The've went and added a whole pile of new features that, once again, 'kinda' work... but cause more problems than they solve. They rushed the new brand and are about to go on a massive publicity stunt as I;ve read somewhere on teh forums recently.

Publicizing a 1/2 broken system is only going to hurt their potential once they've told the world how great the new site is. I seriously don't understansd why they do business this way. If the contractors provided similar quality results to our clients, we would all have our account suspended.

I don;t think they test anything before launching. It appears they creat somethign new and roll it out live, then adjust once teh complaints start coming in. But they never actually fix the problems anyways, they just add more new features to the mess.

Very frustrating!

As is, this platform will never be used by professional clients and actual professional contractors will scoff at platforms like this due to low quality clients.

It's always going to be the bottom end of the market here, i don;t know why they bothered to change the name and keep the same problems. The Upwork brand is going to have the same rep as oDesk did. Already does actually... just wait until they start promoting it and the new people start reading these forums and experiencing the issues it has.

It's a very complicated Fivver

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Edward G Member Since: Sep 22, 2014
5 of 8

When I remove Entry, it drops from 31,289 to 90.  When I also remove Intermediate, it drops from 90 to 30.  Could it be that the vast majority of fixed price jobs are put in the Entry level category?  I mean, once you've been here awhile, you realize most fixed price jobs are losing propositions.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
6 of 8

@Edward G wrote:

When I remove Entry, it drops from 31,289 to 90.  When I also remove Intermediate, it drops from 90 to 30.  Could it be that the vast majority of fixed price jobs are put in the Entry level category?  I mean, once you've been here awhile, you realize most fixed price jobs are losing propositions.

No they are not losing propositions. In  fact most of my jobs now are fixed price and not hourly.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 8

Hi Jean,

Thank you for your feedback about using filters when searching for jobs. I have tested it and although there are still fixed-price jobs after removing the Entry Level filter, there are much less of them. We will have it escalated to the team for investigation.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
8 of 8

Well let me help out with that "investigation".  You'll find that I reported this same problem back in March.  At the time, they told me that my account was the only one that was experiencing this problem, but they never said what it was about my account that would be causing the problem.  In the months that have passed, they have done diddly-squat to fix it.  Meanwhile, they had time to rebrand the entire company and include great new bugs like a notifcation flag that is always on when showing job posts.

For goodness sake, Upwork, find a way to use your own site to hire some people who are actually able to fix these problems.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS