cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE! Let Freelancer's Contact Clients for Clarification Prior to Using Connect Points!!!!

Community Leader
Gary Val T Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
1 of 46

PLEASE! In the name of all that's good and holy! And in the name of just doing the right thing!

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE give freelancers the ability to communicate with clients, PRIOR to using our connects, so we can obtain necessary information about the project when clients have neglected to provide all the information we need in order to determine if the project is something we can even do with any degree of confidence or, indeed, if it's something we can even do at all! Or if it's something we even WANT to do! Without the ability to get this information we risk wasting our precious connects. And this situation will be even worse for freelancers when we have to actually PAY for the connects!  

The number of job postings that are incredibly vague or that are missing pertinent information is rampant on this site! Job post after job post after job post! It has become intolerable

And PLEASE don't respond with your tired old line: "We are exploring ways to solve this issue." You have been spouting that line forever and a day. It's meaningless. It's like the old story about the boy who cried wolf. We no longer believe you. PLEASE! JUST DO IT BECAUSE IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO! 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 46

lol neva gonna happen

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 46

Jennifer M wrote:

lol neva gonna happen

And with good reason ...

Community Guru
4 of 46

Virginia F wrote:

And with good reason ...

It used to be allowed on elance long long ago and it was an absolute poopshow.

Community Guru
5 of 46

@lysis10 wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

And with good reason ...

It used to be allowed on elance long long ago and it was an absolute poopshow.

Yep, I remember. All you have to do is consider the numbers of unprofessional freelancers (a quick look at forum threads will point them out) on this site and extrapolate what allowing them to badger clients would achieve. Badgered clients ... that's what. Clients don't need no stinkin' badgers.

Community Guru
6 of 46

Virginia F wrote:

Yep, I remember. All you have to do is consider the numbers of unprofessional freelancers (a quick look at forum threads will point them out) on this site and extrapolate what allowing them to badger clients would achieve. Badgered clients ... that's what. Clients don't need no stinkin' badgers.

Oh I didn't know you were an elance old timer like myself Smiley Very Happy

You remember the carnage. It was entertaining though. 

Community Guru
7 of 46

@lysis10 wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

Oh I didn't know you were an elance old timer like myself Smiley Very Happy

You remember the carnage. It was entertaining though. 

Yeah, I was there, and it was carnage. As a matter of fact, a job I picked up today was an Elance client from 2015 - and they're still honoring that sweet Elance fee.  Smiley Happy

Community Guru
8 of 46

Virginia F wrote:

Yeah, I was there, and it was carnage. As a matter of fact, a job I picked up today was an Elance client from 2015 - and they're still honoring that sweet Elance fee.  Smiley Happy

yeah! that's pretty awesome. My one elance client is at 5% but I have another that shows up about once a year and she's at that 8.x%.

Community Leader
Gary Val T Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
9 of 46

Hi Jennifer,

What about a one-time-only option to contact the client prior to bidding on the job? How much poop could that generate?

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
10 of 46

Gary Val T wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

What about a one-time-only option to contact the client prior to bidding on the job? How much poop could that generate?

So...one contact times...what? 100 freelancers? 250 freelancers? It's free, so why not 1,000? And what percentage of those will be pathetic attempts at back door bids to avoid spending thirty cents?

How many do you think the client will respond to? How many will the client even READ before fleeing the platform forever? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS