Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE get rid of the annoying $500 popups

Highlighted
Community Guru
Charles K Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
1 of 18

This is another freelancer annoyance people have been asking to have fixed for over a year, joining what is becoming a growing list of bugs and irritations that sit ignored because they affect freelancers where they'd be corrected in days or weeks if they affected clients.

I do not need a "congratulations" message from the site when I reach $500 with a client.

1. I already know when I reach $500 with a client.

2. I already know what that means.

3. You guys make this message pop up often weeks after I've reached $500 in billing.

4. The site is bugged and pops it up multiple times, just in case the initial useless message wasn't good enough.

5. When I refresh my feed I want to see my feed and not popup messages of any type unless they are urgent information.

6. These messages aren't for us. They're for you. If you feel the need to pat yourselves on the back for lowering your fees for a client, then please send it by email. Once.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 18

I didn't get my $ 10k pop-up or a $ 10k email Smiley Happy (yet) at all. Pretty sure (but would not want to bet on it) I didn't get a $ 500 pop up or email either...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
3 of 18

@Petra R wrote:

I didn't get my $ 10k pop-up or a $ 10k email Smiley Happy (yet) at all. Pretty sure (but would not want to bet on it) I didn't get a $ 500 pop up or email either...

I got the $500 popup $7000 late but to be fair, CS did apologize for it being late.  

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4 of 18

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience. Our engineers are working to fix these issues the soonest possible. I will share your concern with the team. 

Regarding the issues with the pop up notification, was it still showing up even after you do the usual troubleshooting steps we provide (clearing cache and cookies and trying a different browser)? Please let us know so that we can assist you with this. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 18

Joanne, with all due respect, I'm not doing any more troubleshooting. As I said, this issue has been outstanding for over a year. I'm not even on the same computer that I was on when I first reported it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
6 of 18

@Charles K wrote:

Joanne, with all due respect, I'm not doing any more troubleshooting. As I said, this issue has been outstanding for over a year. I'm not even on the same computer that I was on when I first reported it.

Also, "clearing cache and cookies and trying a different browser" is not "troubleshooting." That advice is right up there with "thank you for your patience" and "we'll refer that to our team."

Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 18

Yeah. There are some things that are actually fixed by that, but it's strictly a "blind squirrel" type of deal.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 18

Charles, I find those annoying, too, but since we've seen roughly 2,367 posts in the forums from people wanting to know whether their fee reduction had kicked in, we may be in the minority.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Kevin C. N Member Since: Oct 4, 2016
9 of 18
I wouldn't mind them if they only popped-up once... It is, however, annoying to see the same message for the same clients again and again...
Highlighted
Community Guru
10 of 18

Just got another duplicate popup of the same message about the same client that prompted me to post this two days ago.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS