cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRICES UPWORK V.S. FIVERR

Highlighted
Liza R Member Since: Jul 12, 2017
1 of 5

Good afternoon, is it possible to elevate the quality of work by limiting the minimum budget of clients per project? It is super sad to see that there are clients asking for logos for 5 usd (and minus 20%!!!) and 10 usd. It seems to me that is more like a FIVERR kind of thing. 

Upwork used to promise high quality work, and high quality work! It is impossible to promise high quality work for 5 usd logo while most of the clients are offering at least 100.

This would probably be good for EVERYONE including clients. This is about ELEVATING the QUALITY of SERVICES and WORK, always forward, not backwards.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
2 of 5

Honestly, I'd rather Upwork spend more time vetting and getting rid of the crap/scam/fake profile freelancers than placing limits on clients. Clients can post budgets like that because Upwork allows freelancers who will accept it. While not all freelancers working for such low rates are poor quality or scammers (depending on where they live $5 could be a fair rate), it seems that the majority of client complaints come about due to these low-rate projects. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
3 of 5

Liza - I don't believe it is up to Upwork to tell clients what they should seek to pay for a job. Upwork needs to acquire more clients, not lose them. All freelancers have the choice of not applying to a job if they feel the pay for a job is not good enough.

Highlighted
Supattra K Member Since: May 1, 2020
4 of 5

True. A well-designed cheat-resistant system of skills tests would help with that, too.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

Supattra:

As you probably already know, Upwork already had a very large selection of skills tests, which it licensed from a third-party supplier.

You mention a "cheat-resistant system."
That was never part of Upwork's skills tests.

Now Upwork now longer hosts skills tests, and I don't think they are going to return to doing so any time soon.

I certainly agree with you that having a set of skills tests which is NOT well-designed and which is NOT cheat-resistant is worse than having no skills tests at all.

Ultimately, I think Upwork became aware of the rampant cheating within their system, among a certain segment of their freelancer population.

So rather than display skills tests which were not necessarily reliable reflections of a freelancer's skills (if that individual freelancer cheated on the tests), Upwork decided to not host the tests and their results.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS