🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » PROFILE PICTURE JOB WINNING
Page options
9c57d5d4
Community Member

PROFILE PICTURE JOB WINNING

How long does it take to win a job? am almost panting waiting for the first job? or it's my profile picture. Should i change it?

6 REPLIES 6
roberty1y
Community Member

Yes, you could do with putting up a photo taken by someone else. Selfies don't always come out right. Also, you should narrow down your range of skills and focus on one or two, preferaby citing your relevant experience and/or qualifications. Business consultant, financial adviser, computer expert and designer, along with being a writer and accountant? That's a bit too much. Even with a better profile, you could send up to a hundred proposals before getting your first job. Competition is quite intense.

alexis-arinze
Community Member

FREDRIC O wrote:

How long does it take to win a job? am almost panting waiting for the first job? or it's my profile picture. Should i change it?

You should change it. There's nothing wrong with selfies as profile pics. The one I have is a selfie but I stretched my hands out to make sure my face wasn't too close up. The issue with yours is it's too close up, and if I'm being honest, resembles a mugshot. Try cracking a smile. 

2e395a62
Community Member

A little longer than 2 hours - that's how long you've been here, am I wrong? 🙂 

Piotr O wrote:

A little longer than 2 hours - that's how long you've been here, am I wrong? 🙂 

That's how long he is a forum member. He could have a profile for years...

marc_compte
Community Member

You may be an expert in everything you say but I don't think anybody will believe it as it is now.

An expert in a single one of those fields charges much more than $15. If you are an expert in all of them your rate should be at least the same, or be rocket-high.

So, you can keep the description and skills, but increase your rate A LOT more. Or you can keep your current rate and reduce A LOT your description and skills.

You should know which one gives you better chances.

Hint: nobody will hire a "computer expert" whose only computer skills are Excel, Access and Sage 50.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

FREDRIC O wrote:

It's also your overview. You need to read everything on how to craft a great profile. And then do that. Hint: Boss is a word you want to avoid at all costs.

How long it takes is hard to say, for most people it is never.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths