🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » PURCHASE REQUEST OF THE CLIENT
Page options
frncspnflr
Community Member

PURCHASE REQUEST OF THE CLIENT

My prospect client is an in-game purchase business. He wants to give me $240/week fixed rate if I do the purchase on his behalf since the dollar conversion rate on their local country is high. He wants me to do the purchase out of pocket until the job is done that is the only time I'll get the $240. How would I know that I will be refunded for the pruchases I will be doing since he wants me do it out of pocket. This will be my first proposal just in case. Your help will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Francis, this is just a scam so that the "client" can get money from you. He is not going to actually pay you anything. Or if he does, it will be a smaller amount, paid to better fool you.

You won't come out ahead. We saw the same in-game purchase scam discussed in another thread earlier this week, here in the Forum.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
rverang
Community Member

martina_plaschka
Community Member

The thing with the dollar rate is a pretty flimsy excuse. Don't do it, you will lose your money. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Francis, this is just a scam so that the "client" can get money from you. He is not going to actually pay you anything. Or if he does, it will be a smaller amount, paid to better fool you.

You won't come out ahead. We saw the same in-game purchase scam discussed in another thread earlier this week, here in the Forum.

brunapinheiro89
Community Member

I'm glad you were smarter than me and didn't fall for this scam, what impresses me is upwork hasn't yet banned this client!

I read your experience about this and I learned a lot from the comment section! Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad that you were able to cancel the fund you used.

lysis10
Community Member

Check scammers have decided to rebrand to "in-game purchases business." lol

LuiggiR

Hi Francis,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I've located the interview and the client you're referring to and I'll forward this to the team for a review.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I appreciate it. Please make sure that these kind of scams won't be tolerated on this platform.

603fce04
Community Member

same one scamer here with me if able to stop to save many freelancer mony i lost it. 

His name is :

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

same thing with me.

client hire me on hourly bsed and send me $300 bonus for purchse domain. 

He said its argent to buy but now he is not replay he is online.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Binaben,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members