Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Membership - Is it worth it?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 27

@Curtis D wrote:

I have simply decided to leave the community.  

OK, byebye, but the underlined part of your post below is sheer fabrication.

@Curtis D wrote:

(...) received an email stating I need to pay for a membership or my account will be moved to private and nobody will see me nor will I be able to submit proposals.  (...)

Community Guru
22 of 27

@Curtis D wrote:

They already keep 25%, which is fine, but now forcing $10/mo for everyone as a freelancer.  No thanks.  I'm out, Peace!

It's 20 percent on the first $ 500 with any client only, then it's 10 and then 5%, and **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Gunnar E Member Since: Nov 8, 2018
23 of 27

It is 40%

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
24 of 27

Hi Gunnar,

Freelancers are charged a sliding fee based on your lifetime billings with each client. Service fees are the same whether the contracts are hourly or fixed-price.

20% for the first $500 you bill a client across all contracts with them
    10% for total billings with a client between $500.01 and $10,000
    5% for total billings with a client that exceed $10,000

Learn more about the fees here. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Curtis D Member Since: Sep 8, 2017
25 of 27
Petra R, are you done yet? I shared my opinion on a question. Apparently, that isnt accepted from a "community guru", I suppose Upwork condones this type of behavior to those sharing their experiences. I appreciate your feedback and really hope you feel better about yourself. Have a great day!
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
26 of 27

@Curtis D wrote:
Petra R, are you done yet? I shared my opinion on a question. Apparently, that isnt accepted from a "community guru", I suppose Upwork condones this type of behavior to those sharing their experiences. I appreciate your feedback and really hope you feel better about yourself. Have a great day!

Curtis, you're free to express your opinion. However, two things that you wrote are not accurate:

- when your profile is made private by Upwork for not earning money for 30 days, you do not lose your ability to apply to jobs. You totally can apply to jobs. You can also turn your profile public again by sending a request to the CS.

- the maximum fee is not 25% but 20%.

And of course, you're free to leave Upwork anytime for any reason. It is not compulsory to provide any reasons for leaving Upwork or even informing other users that you are leaving Upwork. You can do that freely anytime.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
27 of 27

@Rene K wrote:

@Curtis D wrote:

Curtis, you're free to express your opinion. However, two things that you wrote are not accurate:

1 ) - when your profile is made private by Upwork for not earning money for 30 days, you do not lose your ability to apply to jobs. You totally can apply to jobs. You can also turn your profile public again by sending a request to the CS.

2) - the maximum fee is not 25% but 20%.

and 3) - he claimed the only way to make the profile public again is not just to buy a membership, he could simply ask support to have it switched to public again.

Amazing how many alternative facts can be stuffed into one single post....

And Curtis, one does not get to have opinions about facts. They are what they are. Fact is that what you claimed is untrue.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS