cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid in half only

Biljana M Member Since: Jul 29, 2015
1 of 2

Hello,

I have a problem with one contractor here on UpWork.

I worked for her a lot more than what it stated in the job description and I told her that-no reaction. I did it anyway because I wanted a new review so that I can do more work in future.

It was planned to get everything done during the weekend, but of course it took a lot more time as she was always asking for some new stuff to be done.

After the last task she gave me and I've completed it, she did not contact me for a few days. I sent an email, asked her if the job is over and if I will get paid now. After a few days she responded that she will release the payment tomorrow. I was happy it will finally be over, but I asked if she is happy with my work. She never replied. And tomorrow she paid just 50% of agreed money. I sent her a message here on UpWork and on Skype to ask what's the problem. She didn't reply for 3 days now. I sent her messages on Skype, called her, but no answer.

Now I am afraid that I will never get paid for other 50% and that I will not get a review/rating or that it could be bad.

I don't know what to do.

Is there anything I can do to finish with this whole situation?

Thanks.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 2

Hi Biljana,

If it's a fixed-price contract and the client had the full amount funded in Escrow, you will be able to dispute the other 50% if the client tries to get it refunded from Escrow. I would suggest trying to communicate with the client and resolve the issue amicably before disputing.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS