🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Paid test not being paid
Page options
paulaken
Community Member

Paid test not being paid

Hello,

I recently did a paid test for a potential upwork job. It was probably stupid but the clients profile seemed legitimate and our conversation was back and forth for some time. They told me they would get back to me with feedback after two days. It has now been 10 days and after sending a follow up message, I am getting no response.

Would I still be protected under upwork payment protection or no? Is there a way to flag this user or report them at least so they don't waste anyone elses time?

I am new to using upwork so this is a first for me! Thanks for your help 🙂
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Paula K wrote:
I recently did a paid test for a potential upwork job🙂

Did you have a contract? 

With a contract, you'd get paid. Without a contract, you were had and should flag the job post as inappropriate, selecting "Client is asking for free work" as the reason.

Without a contract, it wasn't a paid test, it was free work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Paula K wrote:
I recently did a paid test for a potential upwork job🙂

Did you have a contract? 

With a contract, you'd get paid. Without a contract, you were had and should flag the job post as inappropriate, selecting "Client is asking for free work" as the reason.

Without a contract, it wasn't a paid test, it was free work.

paulaken
Community Member

Okay that is good to know, thanks Petra! No, it wasn't but this client does have a payment verified notification and seems to have hired in the past, so again stupidly, I felt it was legit. 😕
Will flagging it ensure that the job post is taken down? Wouldn't want this to happen to any other newbies like myself!

Thanks again 😊

Hi Paula,

We count on your help and diligence to make the Upwork experience as safe as possible. We take every report of suspicious or inappropriate activity seriously. Every report is sent directly to our Trust and Safety team for investigation.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members