🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Part payment in escrow.
Page options
092676de
Community Member

Part payment in escrow.

I got a job with a new client. She initiated a contract for this work with an estimated budget of $200 for a guide. But she funded $10 for the first milestone. This first milestone was for the outline of the guide I am writing for her.

She said she would add the rest of the money into escrow for the whole guide when she is satisfied with my outline.

I worked on the outline and sent it to her. She was very happy with my outline and she asked me to write the full guide. So, I requested she should add the remaining amount before I write the full guide. But she added $10 to the initial $10 making it a total of $20 in escrow.

When I asked her why she added $10 and not $190 to make up the total budgeted $200, she said she would like to pay me in words. That's, she would pay me based on the final word count of the guide I am writing.

I am not comfortable writing the guide without her fully funding escrow account.

Please what do you suggest I should do. ?

Thanks.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bevcam
Community Member

You're right not being comfortable working without her funding the project at the agreed price.

Tell her that you'll carry on working once the funds are in Escrow. She can put in the $190 and release funds per the final word count. There seem to be too many red flags with this contract.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bevcam
Community Member

You're right not being comfortable working without her funding the project at the agreed price.

Tell her that you'll carry on working once the funds are in Escrow. She can put in the $190 and release funds per the final word count. There seem to be too many red flags with this contract.

092676de
Community Member

Hello Bev,

thanks for your reply. I have responded as you have suggested. I am now waiting for her feedback.

Thanks.
abdarc10
Community Member

Hello Bev, I have the same problem but I have Complete the full project and now the client not paying the remaining amount also not responded to me, so now what can I do, please help, Thanks

petra_r
Community Member

Abdul R wrote:

I have Complete the full project and now the client not paying the remaining amount also not responded to me, so now what can I do, 

If there is no money in escrow, there is nothing you can do.

Hi Abdul,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members