cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Payment

jeremy-payne
Jeremy P Member Since: Jan 4, 2019
1 of 4

I have a client that only funded half of the initial payment of the contract we started. He made a milestone for the inital design. I made the designs and he said he liked them and said he would make a payment, I asked him if he was going to do the full payment, but I never got a response and it has been over a week of not hearing back from him. What should I do? I know after a month the moeny in escrow automatically gets transferred to me. Burt he only put half of the inital price we agreed on in escrow. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 4

First, the money only gets automatically transferred to you if you clicked "submit work/request payment". Did you do that?

If so, you'll get paid in 14 days (not a month), unless the client disputes.

You will only get paid for the second half if the client chooses to pay you. Never do more work than is covered by the amount in escrow.

jeremy-payne
Jeremy P Member Since: Jan 4, 2019
3 of 4

OK i'll submit the work. Should I file a case since the contract has a set price and he didn't fund the full amount in escrow?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

re: "OK i'll submit the work. Should I file a case since the contract has a set price and he didn't fund the full amount in escrow?"

No.

This would be a waste of your time. The client has not broken any Upwork rules. This was your mistake.

You may politely ask the client to pay you more money. But you can not involve Upwork customer support in this. There is nothing to dispute.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS