🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Partial payment in Dispute
Page options
4b57dcb5
Community Member

Partial payment in Dispute

Dear Upwork Community,
I really need your suggestions and help.

I am working for my client from 26oct to 6Nov.
I had delivered him 5 times with 5 different designs Everytime I have to changed the design.
Anyhow, the final design exactly that he want and according to the provided sketch.
After submitted he told me my investors instructed me to end the contract they didn't like it.I am again offer him for revision and request for fair decision. He only paid me 35$. And told me for dispute.
Our Mediator suggested us for "Partial Payment" I am agreed on it my client also agreed on it.
Partial payment means 50% of the Total amount.He again calculated it by using his assumed calculations.
We again request our mediator for suggested us about Partial payment.
Mediator and I come to the same point for partial payment that is:
175$. Total
35$. Already Paid
87.5$. Partial payment 50%
87.5-35=52.5$ is the remaining amount that he have to released to me and I am also refund him remaining 50%.

Client calculation:
87.5+35=61.25
35$ is paid and 26.25$ that he wants to release.

Now He pressurized me to accept only 26.25$ that is not even the 50% of total budget otherwise moving towards the arbitration.

I have 100% believe Upwork and my mediator neutral and fair to both of us.
Upwork is a most preferable and secure platform for freelancers.

Please I request you to suggest me and help me for fair decision.

Regards
Faiqa Ahmed
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Faiqa A wrote:
Now He pressurized me to accept only 26.25$ that is not even the 50% of total budget otherwise moving towards the arbitration.

The client is almost certainly calling your bluff. Arbitration would cost every party $291, so the likelihood of the client paying $291 to get $26.25 are probably pretty much zero.

You might want to call their bluff and declare that you want to go to arbitration and ask how to pay the arbitration fee.

At that point the client is virtually certain to back down, or Upwork, who would also have to pay the $291 arbitration fee, would step in and make the whole thing go away... 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Faiqa A wrote:

The client is almost certainly calling your bluff. Arbitration would cost every party $291, so the likelihood of the client paying $291 to get $26.25 are probably pretty much zero.

You might want to call their bluff and declare that you want to go to arbitration and ask how to pay the arbitration fee.

At that point the client is virtually certain to back down, or Upwork, who would also have to pay the $291 arbitration fee, would step in and make the whole thing go away... 

4b57dcb5
Community Member

4b57dcb5
Community Member

Dear Petra,
Thank you so much
You are just amazing you solve my problem.
That's why Upwork is outstanding platform.
I am happy to chose it.
Thank you so much ☺️
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members