🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Partnership card fees
Page options
tiessiba
Community Member

Partnership card fees

So, I have a small concern about some of the Upwork ads. Especially in the word processor. I see ads about this where the advertisers ask to continue the discussion on whatsapp or telegram.

Once contact is made, they show you a video on how they want the conversion ( pdf to word, or jpg to word) to be done. After that, they talk about conditions that the applicant has to pay an insurance fee (between 30 and 100 usd) to make sure that the applicant takes the task seriously and delivers it on time. This kind of insurance is refundable for some if the goal is not met, and refundable on the second task completed for others.

My question is, is this a common and known practice?
What are the guarantees that this is not a scam?

I have attached an offer received for you to check.
I look forward to hearing from you. 
Thanks to you,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

It's a scam of course.

Tiessiba Sandra S wrote:

I see ads about this where the advertisers ask to continue the discussion on whatsapp or telegram.

Once contact is made

If you stop violating Upwork's terms of service by communicating with prospective clients before you are hired (which is strictly forbidden) you will avoid the vast majority of scams and also avoid being suspended from Upwork for breaking the rules.

There is a 100% guarantee that it is a scam.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

It's a scam of course.

Tiessiba Sandra S wrote:

I see ads about this where the advertisers ask to continue the discussion on whatsapp or telegram.

Once contact is made

If you stop violating Upwork's terms of service by communicating with prospective clients before you are hired (which is strictly forbidden) you will avoid the vast majority of scams and also avoid being suspended from Upwork for breaking the rules.

There is a 100% guarantee that it is a scam.

tiessiba
Community Member

Thanks. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members