🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Password shown bug
Page options
bilaliqbal1987
Community Member

Password shown bug

I am using android app for freelancers and today while logging in, I entered wrong password by mistake.. Upon getting error, I clicked on Forgot password, even though the password was saved into my Google account password manager, it did not populated, however while proceedings for forget password, I was required to enter Captcha and ironically, my password was populated in plain text there, I used that one to remember and logged in. Here I think some sort of bug in app as the password must be hidden at any cost, 2ndly if Google password manager has stored then it should be allowed for used however it should never consider the captcha field as password and populate the password as plain text. Hope to see the issue resolved soon. Looking forward
2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for reporting this to us! I already sent your report with our mobile team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

Muhammad Bilal I wrote:
I am using android app for freelancers and today while logging in, I entered wrong password by mistake.. Upon getting error, I clicked on Forgot password, even though the password was saved into my Google account password manager, it did not populated, however while proceedings for forget password, I was required to enter Captcha and ironically, my password was populated in plain text there, I used that one to remember and logged in. Here I think some sort of bug in app as the password must be hidden at any cost, 2ndly if Google password manager has stored then it should be allowed for used however it should never consider the captcha field as password and populate the password as plain text. Hope to see the issue resolved soon. Looking forward

brah they have a bug bounty and this is a good find. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths