🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Past Client Wants to send project to just me,...
Page options
c7478ec7
Community Member

Past Client Wants to send project to just me, not list it for everyone

Hey everyone,

I and my client are new to Upwork. I did a small project for her recently and she loved my work and wants to start a new project with just me. The first project was hourly and she would like the next project to be a flat rate, so this is why I can't just continue the same project.

My question is, can she create this new flat rate project and only send it to me? Or does she have to list it and have it shown to everyone on Upwork? She wants to avoid getting bombarded with new proposals since shes sure she still wants to work with me.

Thank you in advance for your insight and expertise! 

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Tatiana N wrote:

Or does she have to list it and have it shown to everyone on Upwork? She wants to avoid getting bombarded with new proposals since shes sure she still wants to work with me.

Have her go to your profile and simply click on "hire now", then she can create a contract just for you. Alternatively, she can go to her "My freelancers" page and click on "rehire" - either gets just you hired,

c7478ec7
Community Member

Thank you so much!!! 

Now that this past project is done, should I click "end contract" or does she state that is it complete on her end? 

Again, thank you so much, I'm obviously so new to this and just want to make sure I'm doing everything by the book!!

Hello,
It's better to let the client end the contract. At the same time he will have to give you feedback. There is no a negative impact when the freelancer close the contract except that the client may not give feedback.
Thanks,
Bruno
petra_r
Community Member

Tatiana N wrote:

Now that this past project is done, should I click "end contract" or does she state that is it complete on her end? 

If the contract is still open there isn't even any need to close it and create another. You can just stay with the same contract. If it's hourly, just track time for the new task, if it's fixed rate, you can just add a new milestone, or the client can. Very simple.

tlbp
Community Member

I think they want to close an hourly and do a new project fixed. 

OP, either you or the client can close the hourly. 

Ask the client to close the hourly contract, then rehire you for a fixed price contract by selecting you from her Freelancers list.  

petra_r
Community Member

Tonya P wrote:

I think they want to close an hourly and do a new project fixed. .  

Ah! Thanks!  That makes sense of course!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members