🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Past freelancer can see my recent job billing...
Page options
lithyem
Community Member

Past freelancer can see my recent job billing and freelancers

i Folks - I had a concerning thing happen today which really surprised me. I have a freelancer, from a previous job, that is not closed and complete, send me a video showing my recent job history, as a client, along with who I hired and how much they've earned, on invite-only jobs.

This freelancer is digging for more work and every time I post a new job he hits me up. How is this lack of privacy from upwork ok?

A freelancer who I hired in the past, can see what jobs I have active now, who I hired and how much I've paid them?? There doesn't seem to be a setting for this that I can change. Is there any way to provent this?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Michael T wrote:

A freelancer who I hired in the past, can see what jobs I have active now, who I hired and how much I've paid them?? 

Yes, of course! Just as you can see the same info for freelancers. 

Michael T wrote:

A freelancer who I hired in the past, can see what jobs I have active now, who I hired and how much I've paid them?

Block the freelancer, who is being quite breathtakingly unprofessional and irritating! It actually helps you because professional freelancers look at your history and base their decision whether to apply or not on what they find. That saves you having to go through proposals which wouldn't be a good fit in the end.

There is no setting to hide it, no.

lithyem
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Michael T wrote:

A freelancer who I hired in the past, can see what jobs I have active now, who I hired and how much I've paid them?? 

Yes, of course! Just as you can see the same info for freelancers. 

I see. It feels somehow wrong that a PAST freelancer can sort of spy on my and see what I'm paying (not just hourly rate, but total blling) to other freelancers on invite-only jobs. I make them invite-only because I thought there was some amount of privacy associated with it. 

Michael T wrote:

A freelancer who I hired in the past, can see what jobs I have active now, who I hired and how much I've paid them?

Block the freelancer, who is being quite breathtakingly unprofessional and irritating! It actually helps you because professional freelancers look at your history and base their decision whether to apply or not on what they find. That saves you having to go through proposals which wouldn't be a good fit in the end.

Makes sense - seems that for a platform of this size a bit more thought could be applied to that visibility.

There is no setting to hide it, no.

NikolaS

Hi Michael,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, I will be sure to share this with the correct team. While there are no separate client profile area client's feedback history shows on every project they had with Freelancers. You can find more information in this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork
lithyem
Community Member

How is that article relevant? This has nothing to do with feedback, but the ability for a past freelancer to see my current jobs and billing details, along with who I've hired. 

tlbp
Community Member

Each job you post includes a section that displays your previous posted jobs along with the name of the freelancer hired. So, if a freelancer locates one of your posts, they can see all the other jobs you've concluded with freelancers. I believe there is some way to mark jobs as "private" but I don't know how that works. 

If you look at other posted gigs from a freelancer profile, you can see what is revealed about each client and past hire. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members