🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Paused Contract
Page options
e_ifire
Community Member

Paused Contract

A client hired me, then suddenly paused the contract without any earnings, reason being that I give him some time to organize my position. It's now 7 months he don't respond to my messeges, my jss is being affected. What do I do in this situation?? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Emmanuel I wrote:

A client hired me, then suddenly paused the contract without any earnings, reason being that I give him some time to organize my position. It's now 7 months he don't respond to my messeges, my jss is being affected. What do I do in this situation?? 

Close the contract if the client is now unresponsive.

You should have done this months ago, then the contract would be outside your 6 month JSS window by now.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Emmanuel I wrote:

Close the contract if the client is now unresponsive.

You should have done this months ago, then the contract would be outside your 6 month JSS window by now.

e_ifire
Community Member

Thank you, but if I close it now will there any effect on my jss ??

petra_r
Community Member

Emmanuel I wrote:

Thank you, but if I close it now will there any effect on my jss ??

It already does.

The sooner you close it, the sooner it will STOP having an effect.

Closing it won't have any additional effect (good or bad)

e_ifire
Community Member

Thanks Petra, I really appreciate. I'll end it right away.

Good day,

Current job is hourly, the client accidentally  turned on the salary feature of the hourly job which resulted to doubling his pay. He said the the UpWork support told that this is irreversable and had to give me a new contract. Which he did.

My question is, will I still be able to  receive the pay out of the previous hourl job? Even though it 's paused, or do I have to suggest to end the previous paused contract so I can receive on what I've previously worked on?  (Also, will this affect my JSS?)

https://nano.rojosalas.com/rdrzn

re: "My question is, will I still be able to receive the pay out of the previous hourl job? Even though it 's paused, or do I have to suggest to end the previous paused contract so I can receive on what I've previously worked on? (Also, will this affect my JSS?)"

The closing of an hourly job has no affect on you getting paid for the hours you logged.

You will still get paid for all the hours you logged.

If that means that the client paid you TOO MUCH, then you will be able to send a refund.

None fo this affects JSS negatively.

You received pay for the contract, so that is a good thing.
You worked with the client to make things better for him, so that is likely to lead to him giving you positive feedback.

If I found that a client accidentally actived weekly payments, I would tell the client to close that contract IMMEDIATELY and set up a new hourly contract without automatic weekly payments. This is the right thing to do, and it certainly doesn't harm me.

rojo_salas
Community Member

Good day,

Current job is hourly, the client accidentally  turned on the salary feature of the hourly job which resulted to doubling his pay. He said the the UpWork support told that this is irreversable and had to give me a new contract. Which he did.

My question is, will I still be able to  receive the pay out of the previous hourl job? Even though it 's paused, or do I have to suggest to end the previous paused contract so I can receive on what I've previously worked on?  (Also, will this affect my JSS?)

**Edited for community guidelines**

https://nano.rojosalas.com/rdrzn
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths