cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paused contract?

Sankar M Member Since: May 9, 2018
11 of 15

Hi Team,

I have a contract paused for a long time. However I got all the moneydue and the client paused it after paying. The client said she will contact if there is more work on the project.

How best I can resolve this situation without adversely affecting my future prospects of winning another client?

Regards

Sankar

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 15

Sankar M wrote:

How best I can resolve this situation without adversely affecting my future prospects of winning another client?

Just close it. It has no effect (for better or worse) whether you close it or leave it open.

Dame D Member Since: Jul 23, 2018
13 of 15
Hi,

I just would like to inquire if pausing a job contract the same with putting on hold a contract. I'm a bit concerned. I just received a message from my client. He said he appreciates my work and he will be using my service again. After that, he paused the job contract. 

If indeed that is tantamount to putting on hold the contract, is it ok to request him to end the contract instead? Will this adversely affect my JSS? I'm concerned becuase I'm trying to maintain my JSS and I just have few  weeks ahead to earning Top Rated badge. Well, at least I think so, juts by looking at my stats. :-)

I checked again the client and he actually has no active projects at the moment. He just started April of this year in Upwork. So far, he has nice reviews from 2 freelancers. I believe all the while that he really intends to give me again project since my contract with him is ongoing. It's just that he has no project to give me at the moment. At least that's what I believe since there was no issue with him anyway. 

But going back again to JSS concern, I'm not sure if that's something that I should be concerned of. I read from my stats that to qualify for Top Rated, there should be no on hold contracts. Is that equivalent to on hold contract?

I hope you can enlighten me with this.

Thanks.
Marat Z Member Since: May 25, 2019
14 of 15

I read from my stats that to qualify for Top Rated, there should be no on hold contracts. Is that equivalent to on hold contract?

Hello Dame.
I got Top Rated while having 1 holding contract.

It took 2-3 new 5 stars sucsessful finished new contracts. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 15

Marat Z wrote:

I read from my stats that to qualify for Top Rated, there should be no on hold contracts. Is that equivalent to on hold contract?

Hello Dame.
I got Top Rated while having 1 holding contract.

It took 2-3 new 5 stars sucsessful finished new contracts. 

I'm sure that will be very useful for someone who's now top rated with a 100% JSS and asked the question last year....

She also mixed up "account holds" and "contracts on hold" which are different animals. The former blocks top rated status for 3 months, the latter does not.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS