🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Pay
Page options
rlamberson7
Community Member

Pay

My client attempted to provide me with a bonus over the 3.4 hours I worked. He was attempting to round the payment up to 4 hours. Instead, the system calculated 7.4 hours. He requested a refund, which I approved, and now the system refunded 6.8 hours. It seems to be doubling everything. Please help! Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
k_nadel
Community Member

Hey Ron,

Not sure why something like this would happen, but if you want to do this and just as a workaround you can always manually refund your client by going to "My Jobs", selecting your client's contract, and clicking on the three dots to the right of the screen: a dropdown menu will appear giving you the option to "Give a refund". If we assume your client knows how to do this, he could then just pay for your services in the form of a bonus payment.

This is obviously not the ideal process, and I'm confident someone more knowledgeable than myself will jump in to shed some light on the matter and correct me: most importantly, it also requires a great deal of trust in your client and his willingness to pay for your services (which is a bad thing), and happily refunding clients might have an impact on your JSS, so again I would be extremely careful how to proceed, just thought I'd share that possible workaround in case it's helpful to you.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ron,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you!

What seems to have happened is that you added 3 hours 40 minutes as logged hours, for which your client was charged yesterday as is the case for all hourly contracts, and the client also made a payment for 4 hours on top of the time you logged, so the client paid your hours, plus what they paid.

When you refunded, you refunded more than the additional payment.

Clients are charged automatically for any hours you log. There is no need to "make a payment"

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths