Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 17

@Prashant P wrote:

Hey Joanne: 

I am just curious.  Would it be possible for you to check my account and see why my payment is still under pending?  It was released on Monday as a bonus.

Prashant, go to your Pending tab.

Does it give a DATE under the left hand side "Date" column, or does it just say "Pending?"

If it says a date, that's when it will release. If it just say "Pending" in the left hand side "Date" column, your client hasn't paid the bonus (payment method could not get charged for it.)

Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
12 of 17

@Petra R wrote:

@Prashant P wrote:

Hey Joanne: 

I am just curious.  Would it be possible for you to check my account and see why my payment is still under pending?  It was released on Monday as a bonus.

Prashant, go to your Pending tab.

Does it give a DATE under the left hand side "Date" column, or does it just say "Pending?"

If it says a date, that's when it will release. If it just say "Pending" in the left hand side "Date" column, your client hasn't paid the bonus (payment method could not get charged for it.)

This is what it says?  does it mean my five day clock will begin May 28?1.png

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 17

@Prashant P wrote:

This is what it says?  does it mean my five day clock will begin May 28?1.png

No, dear.

It means the bonus will be available for you to withdraw at 00.01 UTC on the 28th - so just a few hours to go Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
14 of 17

Great, and funny thing is that amount is exactly equal to Two Lunch Salads (tax included) and since we are vegetarian we will not go hungry tomorrow.

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
15 of 17

@Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Bob,

The security period applies to all payments and refunds on all contracts. It gives Upwork time to process and clear the payments, and resolve any disputes, before funds are released to freelancers. You can check this help article

Does this include defending chargebacks? 

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
16 of 17

@Bob k wrote:

why five-day security period

Because six days would have been a little bit too much.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
17 of 17

re: " Does this include defending chargebacks?"

Unfortunately, no. That is a whole other topic. And not really a topic specific to Upwork.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS