cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Delay

Ainsworth E Member Since: Jul 31, 2018
1 of 53

Hello,

Had a question about a delay in a withdrawal I've made from Upwork to my Paypal account. Usually transfers come through in seconds, but earlier today I transferred money and it still hasn't appeared in my PayPal account. Is this normal? Is there any way to check if the money has actually left my Upwork account and it's not lost somewhere?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help with this issue.

Ace Contributor
Md. Arafat - Member Since: Apr 5, 2018
2 of 53

Yes, It's normal. It might take 2-4 working days. So don't worry. Upwrok will notify you "your payment has been processed". Keep waiting. 

Thanks

Md Arafat
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 53

@Md. Arafat - wrote:

Yes, It's normal. It might take 2-4 working days.

No, it isn't "normal"

The OP withdrew to PayPal which is usually instant, or happens within a maximum of a day.

"2 to 4 working days" is for local funds (bank) withdrawals.

That said, it does sometimes take a bit longer, a few hours, occasionally up to a day. From time to time a withdrawal fails and the funds returned to the Upwork account.

I am pretty sure no funds have ever been "lost" - they either turn up where they were supposed to be, or bounce back.

4 of 53
Thanks, Petra.

I'm trying to figure out why some withdrawals make it to PayPal quickly and sometimes not, but I guess your answer is the closest I'll get.

Good to know my funds aren't lost. This is the first time this has happened so was just making sure.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 53

@Ainsworth E wrote:
Thanks, Petra.

I'm trying to figure out why some withdrawals make it to PayPal quickly and sometimes not, but I guess your answer is the closest I'll get.

Good to know my funds aren't lost. This is the first time this has happened so was just making sure.

Ainsworth, it's happened to me once before. Usually the money is on PayPal by the time I switch from Upwork to PayPal.  Occasionally it takes an hour or two, once it bounced back to my Upwork account. The second withdrawal (an hour or two later) was successful.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 53

Hi Ainsworth, 

I can confirm that Petra's information is correct. If the withdrawn amount still hasn't reflected to your Paypal account after 24-hours, let us know and we'll issue a trace for you. 

-Avery
Untitled
Adrian Philip M Member Since: Feb 12, 2018
7 of 53

I just had the same problem with my PayPal withdrawal today. 

8 of 53
Did it eventually come through or are you still waiting?
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 53

Hi Adrian Philip, 

As I have mentioned above, please reach out to us if the transaction does not reflect on your Paypal account after 24-hours. 

-Avery
Untitled
10 of 53
Hello Avery,

I still don't see anything in my PayPal account. Can you please help with this?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS