🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: PayPal payment failed
Page options
aangjelovska
Community Member

PayPal payment failed

Hello, 

My account is new to Upwork and recently I have tried to get my payment via PayPal but unsuccessfully. This is the mail I have received: 

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

I have confirmed my debit card on paypal I don't understand what is the problem .

Any help?

50 REPLIES 50
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angela,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

This has also happened to me, can yoou please advise 

Hi Sarah,

I checked and it seems that you already managed to withdraw funds. Could you please let us know if you still need help with this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I received an email from you letting me know that my method of payment that I have always used on a weekly basis had failed, then another that you were disabling the payment method

I have no further information about why

I have re enabled the payment method with out making any changes and have requested payment again

Can you advise what has happened ?

Hi Sarah,

Just to confirm, are you referring to your PayPal account? If yes, I`m not able to see that is connected to your account. Please add it again and allow up to 3 days for the verification to be completed. If you encounter any problems with your payment method, feel free to follow up here so that we (Moderators) can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I do not have nor have I attempted to add a PayPal account ???

I am now very concerned and would like some correct information

Having checked my upwork account I have no idea what you are referring to

I have one payment method that I have used since joining you

My scheduled weekly payments from you to a fully verified Bank account and there have been no issues until today

You have emailed me to say the payment failed and that you disabled my only payment method

I have re enabled it and requested the payment again with no idea if this will be successful

What PayPal account are you referring to? What happened to my fully verified bank details ?

Hi Sarah,

I`m sorry about the confusion.I thought that you`re referring to PayPal since this thread is about that. 

I just double checked your account and I can see that you have one payment method and one billing method. Both of them are active at the moment. 
At the moment your account is working as designed and you have successfully withdrawn your funds as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please please please read my query in full

My Payment is scheduled every week to be sent to my Fully verified bank account on a Wednesday

I received two Emails from you earlier today

The first to tell me the scheduled payment had failed And the funds returned to upwork

The second to tell me that You had disabled my payment method

It was ME who then went straight to my upwork account, re-enabled the very same payment method that you disabled and then re requested payment

Why did the payment fail in the first place ?

Hi Sarah,

Our team just reached out to you via ticket with additional information about your payment method. Feel free to follow up there with any additional questions you may have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello. Same think happend with me. Absolutly same. Can You help, please?

Hi Alexey, So I figured out the in my country you can’t receive money via PayPal, you can only pay, now I use payoneer card.

Hi Alexey,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
8c0b1a70
Community Member

I am facing an issue. My payment is failing again and again. I have connected my PayPal Account.

Hi Supriya,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and email to assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f7fc08f4
Community Member

Hello,

I am facing the same problem. First, I encountered the same problem when I wanted to withdraw money to my Payoneer account. Then, I decided to try with Paypal, and it's the same again. I don't have option to withdraw money directly to my bank account. Why don't you provide me with that method? 

I've recently joined UpWork and want to build effective work through it. You really did a great work by creating such a platform. Everything seems so easy and comfortable, but when it comes to funds withdrawal it takes too much time and nerves. It's been almost a week I completed my work. However, I can't get paid for that.  I created a ticket and hope you will help asap. 

Hi Sayyara,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see the support ticket you've already raised regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie,

Thank you for your response. Looking forward to receive the support. 

erblina-sejdiu
Community Member

Hi Goran, 

Could you also have a team member reach out to me as I am facing the same issue with the money withdrawal through my Paypal account? 

Thank you. 

- Erblina

Hi Erblina,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi bro,
please could you help me please get paid today!
my payment also fails even I set up everything as the Upwork guide shows!

Hi Mohammed,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

thanks for replying! are they going to be able to let me withdraw my earnings even tomorrow?
because I need to get paid today or tomorrow!

Hi Goran, 

Could you also have a team member reach out to me as I am facing the same issue with the money withdrawal through my Paypal account? 

Thank you. 

Hi Dmytro,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
codernadir
Community Member

Hi, 
- how much time it's going to take to get a response for ticket support?
- more than 24 hours and didn't get any response from the support?
- please can someone help me to fix this issue ASAP?

Hi Mohammed,

I went ahead and followed up with the team handling your support ticket. You should expect an update soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
e0db7ee2
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I've faced the same issue.

I don't have the slightest idea what the matter is.

Could you please help with it?

Thank you.

Hi Vladyslav,

In general, PayPal is not servicing customers in Ukraine for commercial payouts or mass payouts. Users in this region can send peer-to-peer payments or transfer funds from their PayPal wallet to an eligible credit card or debit card, but no Upwork payouts as these are commercial. You can contact PayPal directly for questions on any funds you currently hold with PayPal and consider adding an alternative payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork
e0db7ee2
Community Member

Thank you.

yaramozyl
Community Member

Hi!

I'm experiencing the same issue with withdrawing money to PayPal.

However I have fully activated my PayPal wallet and already waited for 3 days several times, I still cannot proceed the withdrawal, and the method gets disabled each time.

I would be grateful for assistance.

Hi Yaryna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
b10160b3
Community Member

Hi, I'm facing the same problem here, I can not withdraw I use PayPal kindly assist.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hance, 

I have asked the help of the Customer Support Team regarding your account concern. They will reach out to you directly and assist you further through an email support ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork
skivbanderas
Community Member

Hello everyone!
I have exactly the same problem. After re-enable to apply funds, nothing changes (I've tried this many times).
Could someone help me with this issue please?

Hi Roman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
gentk7
Community Member

Hello, 

Recently I have tried to get my payment via PayPal but unsuccessfully. This is the mail I have received: 

Your Payment has been rejected
The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

I don't understand what is the problem .

Any help?

Thanks

Hi Gentian,

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello
I have exactly the same problem
when trying to add a method, it is added
but immediately becomes Failed
if you click Re-enable, it seems to become active
but after 3 days when I try to withdraw funds, an error appears
and the method becomes inactive
Please contact me

Latest Articles
Featured Topics