cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal payment failed

Angela A Member Since: Nov 4, 2020
1 of 11

Hello, 

My account is new to Upwork and recently I have tried to get my payment via PayPal but unsuccessfully. This is the mail I have received: 

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

I have confirmed my debit card on paypal I don't understand what is the problem .

Any help?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2 of 11

Hi Angela,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Sarah J Member Since: Jan 28, 2020
3 of 11

This has also happened to me, can yoou please advise 

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4 of 11

Hi Sarah,

I checked and it seems that you already managed to withdraw funds. Could you please let us know if you still need help with this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
5 of 11
I received an email from you letting me know that my method of payment that I have always used on a weekly basis had failed, then another that you were disabling the payment method

I have no further information about why

I have re enabled the payment method with out making any changes and have requested payment again

Can you advise what has happened ?
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 11

Hi Sarah,

Just to confirm, are you referring to your PayPal account? If yes, I`m not able to see that is connected to your account. Please add it again and allow up to 3 days for the verification to be completed. If you encounter any problems with your payment method, feel free to follow up here so that we (Moderators) can assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
7 of 11
I do not have nor have I attempted to add a PayPal account ???

I am now very concerned and would like some correct information
8 of 11
Having checked my upwork account I have no idea what you are referring to

I have one payment method that I have used since joining you

My scheduled weekly payments from you to a fully verified Bank account and there have been no issues until today

You have emailed me to say the payment failed and that you disabled my only payment method

I have re enabled it and requested the payment again with no idea if this will be successful

What PayPal account are you referring to? What happened to my fully verified bank details ?
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 11

Hi Sarah,

I`m sorry about the confusion.I thought that you`re referring to PayPal since this thread is about that. 

I just double checked your account and I can see that you have one payment method and one billing method. Both of them are active at the moment. 
At the moment your account is working as designed and you have successfully withdrawn your funds as well. Thank you.

Untitled
10 of 11
Please please please read my query in full

My Payment is scheduled every week to be sent to my Fully verified bank account on a Wednesday

I received two Emails from you earlier today

The first to tell me the scheduled payment had failed And the funds returned to upwork

The second to tell me that You had disabled my payment method

It was ME who then went straight to my upwork account, re-enabled the very same payment method that you disabled and then re requested payment

Why did the payment fail in the first place ?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS