🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » PayPal payment failed
Page options
aangjelovska
Community Member

PayPal payment failed

Hello, 

My account is new to Upwork and recently I have tried to get my payment via PayPal but unsuccessfully. This is the mail I have received: 

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

I have confirmed my debit card on paypal I don't understand what is the problem .

Any help?

50 REPLIES 50

Hi Andrii,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
af82db9d
Community Member

Hello, 

My account is new to Upwork and recently I have tried to get my payment via PayPal but unsuccessfully. This is the mail I have received: 

We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
The reason for returned funds: Unable to apply funds.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.

I have confirmed my debit card on paypal I don't understand what is the problem .

and my payment method also desabled again and again and my paypal account is in okay condition i dont know what is the problem.

Hi Shilpi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
28c7aa3b
Community Member

Hi,
I'm also facing the same issue with PayPal.  I have added my PayPal billing method on Upwork but it is not working. Please help!

This is the message I have received from Upwork.

There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again.

Hi Navdeep,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet? Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
28c7aa3b
Community Member

I'm not sure I have followed you. There is no alternative payment method for me through Paypal. I have one account and card which I added on paypal.

Also I have the same issue as this

Hello sir,

I have a debit card and it is enabled for international transaction but upwork says payment method is not enabled and every time I apply for get paid it fails and also charge me like $1 for each transaction. I am totally frustrated please help me.

Hi Navdeep,

Thank you for following up. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
af82db9d
Community Member

please listen carefully i cant withdraw my payment beacuse i have no surname and i have no surname in my legal documents like adhar card , pan card, etc. and upwork take me surname but i dont have surname i raise ticket many times but you didn't help me you say that i put other payment method but how if i dont have surname in my legal documents. i do hard work for makeing this money and i can't withdraw . what to do if someone does not have surname, how to withdraw his money. you can;t even imagine how trouble the person in front is facing fo your security. when you verify with legal documents, then if someone does not have surname, then he should be free to write a single name.you dont imagine how much you frustate me. i have raised ticket to you many times and asked for help i don't have my surname in my legal documents and i dont have any bank account with my surname. so how can i give you the surname which i have verified in the legal document then you give my payment what is the problem. you made me cry i am veryhelpless now plz help me

Hi Bhagwan,

It looks like one of our agents has updated your ticket that has been submitted previously. You may check the information they shared here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths