🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » PayPal payment method is showing charge faile...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Sachin,

Regarding your card, it seems that the bank is declining the charge. You need to contact your bank for more information.

Regarding your PayPal, please try using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet. You can contact PayPal support in case you need help setting up your account.

You can also check out this help article for more information on the available billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
radcoonline
Community Member

When I'm entering my paypal details and upwork charge process is showing paypal charge failed! 

Even though, I also trying credit card details if it is not accepting paypal so credit cards are not accepting by upwork.

Please help someone!

Hi Rad,

I just checked your account and I can see that our team has already advised you directly via chat, please refer to the information shared with your there and feel free to follow up if you have any additional questions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

please help me with the same problem. Paypal charged failed.

Hi Joan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am having the same problem. Can you help?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Avduesh,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I Have The Same Problem Please Help Me

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I Have The Same Problem Please Help Me

Hi Saminaini,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your PayPal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I’m having same problem please help me.

Hi Nirav,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

i have the same problem now

Hi Gina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket and assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi the same problem with me also

I am unable to pay charges although Upwork escrow inc is showing in my auto payment screen.

please help me I have to buy agency membership

Hi Dilip,

Do you have a credit card connected to your PayPal wallet? If yes, I would suggest checking with your bank if your card is enabled for international charges. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem.Thanks...

Hi Julius,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
897ecc72
Community Member

I have a same issue, failing paypal payment! Why do you so slow to answer?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
897ecc72
Community Member

This is not a solution, we should have the right to reset the way of payment using PayPal or putting that way of payment again. upward system freeze the transaction

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mohammad,

Please note that in order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. You can also check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.  

~ Nikola
Upwork
897ecc72
Community Member

Upwork should give me the ability to remove that way of payment, right now I can not remove it at all, also, I can not submit a ticket, the solution is let's **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mohammad,

Just to clarify you can remove your billing method at any time by clicking on the three dots > Remove.
Regarding your billing method, I would suggest adding a different credit card to your PayPal wallet. If further help is needed, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Same issue here, I'm trying to purchase connects using paypal, but it's showing paypal charge failed!

I just purchased many products & services from many websites using paypal, why it's working everywhere and it's not working with upwork ?!

Help please ...

Thanks!

Hi Youssef,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
chinmoykr007
Community Member

Hi,

I am facing the same issue while trying to add my card details in billing method. It says that We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

Hi Chinmoy,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
nisar_hussain
Community Member

hi

i am trying to buy connects but it contineously decline saying, Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

i have verified my debit card from bank to allow international transaction but still facing the same issue

Hi Nisar,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

maheshwagh23
Community Member

I am trying to buy connect but i am not able to buy it. Please assist.

Hi Mahesh,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble purchasing Connects. Could you please try again later to see if the issue persists? Please let us know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

I got this message while buying the connects Plz see attachment

Hi Mahesh,

I checked your account, and it looks like the transaction was declined by your issuing bank. Please reach out to them so they can check the specific decline error. You may also consider a different billing method. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
umairali47
Community Member

Hi Samiullah,

Hope you are doing well.

I am also trying to buy connects and facing same issue.

May i know what is the method you have followed to resolve this issue.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks!

94e2926d
Community Member

I cannot add or remove payment method after I used a debit card to purchase more connects with a different name since my card was not working. 

Now when I click the dropdwon box to select how man connects I want to purchase, the dropdown doesn't appear. Also, add billing method page is now blank. 

Hi Abdul,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to add your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths