Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal payment not showing up

tgano
Community Guru
Tracye G Member Since: Sep 30, 2008
1 of 17

I withdrew my monies into my PayPal account very early this morning and the payment still has not shown up.

It has always been a few minutes max before it shows up. Is anyone else running into this?

Is this the new norm or is there a problem?

Mods????

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 17

Hi Tracy,

In most cases, your PayPal transfers are completed immediately. However, it may take up to 24 hours and it's normal. If it has been more than 24 hours, please contact PayPal.

~ Valeria
Upwork
tgano
Community Guru
3 of 17

Valeria,

With all due respect; it is not a PayPal problem, it is an Upworks problem. I should not have to contact PayPal...support says it is just sitting in Upworks...so why the delay? 

I can understand a few minutes, maybe even a few hours....but ALL day?

This is highly annoying!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
4 of 17

Tracy,

PayPal had some downtime earlier today which may have caused some delays. In any case, we will not be able to take actions earlier than 24 hours since the withdrawal because it can cause more confusion with the transactions. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
5 of 17

@Valeria K wrote:

Tracy,

PayPal had some downtime earlier today which may have caused some delays. In any case, we will not be able to take actions earlier than 24 hours since the withdrawal because it can cause more confusion with the transactions. 

The issues Pp had were resolved at 6:45 AM and 9:27 AM according to their live status update. I withdrew money from Upwork this morning and it transferred into my Pp quickly - as usual.

tgano
Community Guru
6 of 17

Valeria,

That is the kind of detail that is important (PayPal having problems).

If it has not shown up in 24 hours which will be early tomorrow morning, are you willing to look into it? The kid I got in support was not helful at all and quite frankly, I am tired of the copy/paste answers. I need results.

So if you would be willing to help track it down tomorrow should it not show up, I would truly apprciate it.

Tracye

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
7 of 17

Tracye,

If you don't receive your funds 24 hours after you withdrew it, just update this thread and I'll escalate it to our financial department right away.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
tgano
Community Guru
8 of 17

Thank you Valeria.

tgano
Community Guru
9 of 17

Valeria,

It has been 24 hours and still NO money transfered to my PayPal account. Now I am mad, I want results...NOT a bunch of excuses!!! 

Would you please look into this and escalate it immediatly, so someone who can actually get something done can look at it.

Upworks support is **Edited for Community Guidelines** This should have been dealt with yesterday.! I should not be forced to get on a public forum to get my money put into my account!!!!

Tracye

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 17

Hi Tracye,

Our team will follow up on your open ticket and initiate a trace for your withdrawal, as the payment was successfully processed on our end. Please refer to reason for the delay Valeria noted and the information our team shared with you in your chat conversation and on your ticket.

Thank you for your patience.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS