🐈 Community
lechkaryounes

PayPal wrong account

On 10.03 I’ve withdrawn XX$ on PayPal account. however later I noticed, that I’ve put wrong email address while adding payment method. I did correct my mistake,but what about money I’ve withdrawn on wrong email address?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r

undefined:

On 10.03 I’ve withdrawn XX$ on PayPal account. however later I noticed, that I’ve put wrong email address while adding payment method. I did correct my mistake,but what about money I’ve withdrawn on wrong email address?

If a Paypal account with that email address exists, that is where the money went. If not, it'll come back eventually.

Hi Younes,

In a logical world, the transaction would fail as undeliverable. ( If the email address you provided doesn't exist )  

As a PayPal account has to be verified to be added as a withdrawal method, it clearly exists...

But in general it is entirely possible to send money to an email address via PayPal, then PayPal prompts the owner to create a PayPal account.

In logical world it should fail, but it didn’t. That’s why I am asking. Anyways, thanks for reply.
Learning Paths