Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for the upgraded membership

kenchony
Kenan K Member Since: Sep 25, 2017
1 of 4

Hello everyone.

I need to upgrade to Freelaner Plus membership to have my account visibale and not private. Can anyone tell me can I buy it with the earnings I have or do I need to pay for it with a credit card etc. ?

Also if there is another way to have my account visibale can you please tell me it would be of most help.

Thank you for your time.

Kenan

dataextract
Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
2 of 4

If you go more than 30 days without earnings for any reason (balancing freelancing and a full-time job, medical issues, vacation, or even just a "dry spell" finding the right clients), you have three options to keep your profile visible.

To switch your profile visibility back to "public" or "Upwork users only":

1. Start earning again on a new or existing contract. You're still able to submit proposals and work on your existing contracts while private. Your profile visibility will resume automatically the next time you get paid on a contract.
  2. Upgrade to a Freelancer Plus membership. This will keep your profile public even when you can't work regularly through Upwork.
  3. Request your visibility be resumed (for free). If your account is affected, a special contact link will be available on your Find Work home page in the visibility section. If your profile is set to private again in the future due to no earnings, you'll need to contact Upwork again.
michael_skaggs
Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
BEST ANSWER
3 of 4

The "special contact link" in #3 has nothing special whatsoever about it. All it does is dump you on the main Help & Support page. So here's what you have to do:

1. Click on "Get Help" in the lower-right corner
  2. Go to "Profile" > "Other" in the menu that comes up
  3. Type in your request to have your visibility unlocked
  4. Click "No" when asked if the automatic suggestions solved your problem
  5. Click "Submit Request"

View solution in original post

kenchony
Kenan K Member Since: Sep 25, 2017
4 of 4

Thank I sent them a request as per your instructions.

Thank you very much

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS