🐈 Community
vivekaero

Paying from earned money

Hi,

Here  I need single clarification. I already worked as a freelancer and earned money. Now I'm offering works to other freelancers from my new website. I just want to know... Shall I pay through the money I earned from upwork? Since for each withdrawal there will be some deduction in amount. 

If this is ok I will start to hire freelancers from next week itself.

Thanks in advance. 

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r

No, you can not pay freelancers you hire from the money you earned. You have to use a proper credit card (not a prepaid or virtual card) or a properly verified PayPal account which has acceptable funding sources, but PayPal is not available as a billing method in all locations,

I used Visa debit card for billing method. The system still has issue to accept the payment. How can I solve this issue?

undefined:

I used Visa debit card for billing method. The system still has issue to accept the payment. How can I solve this issue?

Most debit cards can not be used. Only the few that function like a full credit card.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vivek,

Unfortunately you can`t pay freelancers from your earnings, you will need to set up one of our accepted Billing Methods so that you can pay other freelancers.

~ Goran
Upwork

I used Visa debit card for billing method. The system still has issue to accept the payment. How can I solve this issue? If I solve this issue I will move forward to hire someone without any hesitations...

Hi Vivek,

One of our agents will contact you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I will wait sir...

Learning Paths