🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Paying taxes in Upwork if I am from Mexic...
Page options
pepolino
Community Member

Paying taxes in Upwork if I am from Mexico

Hello,

• My accountant is telling me that I need a document with the following items:
  • My name, RFC, and taxes details (address, etc.)
  • Upwork address, tax id, address
  • How much I earned in dollars and how much it is in pesos and peso-dollars exchange rate (monthly)
  • Upwork fees
  • Taxes upwork retained

I asked privately on the chat, no response. 

Thanks,

Perla

9 REPLIES 9
LuiggiR

Hi Perla,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
pepolino
Community Member

Thanks.

They replied they will be researching. Same response when I bring my concern on the chat. Waiting for "real" response. Please advise. I need to pay my taxes. I need a real/legal invoice. THey only documentation I can download about the taxes Upwork collects and the fees upwork collects is a CVS, and that doesn't help.

Hi Perla,

I checked, and it looks like you are already corresponding with one of our agents. Please feel free to post any questions you may have on the ticket, and the agent will be happy to assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
pepolino
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I haven't received my CFDI's yet.  Some Mexican freelancers have received it. What would be the next step to obtaining them? I haven't received any guidance/email from you. I thought it was going to be an automated process.

Thanks,

Perla

pepolino
Community Member

She replied. There is no help for me. Upwork doesn't provide the correct documentation to pay taxes in Mexico. I will be paying more taxes without the correct documentation. You have been holding taxes from my account since many months ago (almost a year), but how on earth you are not being able to give me a report? SAT will give me a refund with the proper documentation, but you don't provide it. For now, how can you help? I am asking for help and your reply about "come back in a few weeks" doesn't really help. How many weeks? It's been almost a year since you started collecting taxes from my account.  What date? 

I am really pissed off, I am losing a lot of money and the only reply I get from you is "come back in a few weeks" that's not fair!!!!!! 😞

HOw can you help me now? How can I address the issue? 

Thanks,

Perla

Hi, I haven't received my CFDI's yet.  Some Mexican freelancers have received it. What would be the next step to obtaining them? I haven't received any guidance/email from you. I thought it was going to be an automated process.

Thanks,

Perla

Hi Perla,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I've followed up with the Customer Support team and one of their members will be contacting you through this support ticket for further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
pepolino
Community Member

Hello Luiggi,

I am actually fed up and upset. I sent to Fide a private message. Please proceed to make reimbursement of my vat fees you charged for last year since CFDI's are not useful anymore for me. There is no way I can use them.

Thanks,

Perla

Hi Perla,

Thank you for your message. I understand your concern. I see that you have already responded to the support ticket initiated for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths