🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment And date in pending
Page options
usama8282723
Community Member

Payment And date in pending

i have  done a job on tuesday 27 september . but its 7 days now my job still in pending also date in pending and client delete the job and chats so its look suspicious and phishy for me .That's why i mail you to secure my payment and please tell me when my payment is release.Client Also give me five star rating please check my payment

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sure. A while client won't charged. You will receive update after next weekend.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
spectralua
Community Member

Hourly? Today it was sent to client review, after next weekend it will be paid.

client job and chat deleted that's why its look suspicous to me

$4000 in one day? $999.00/hr?

Did you buy anything for the client?

yes he said me to buy  a pubg account i use my personal assets to buy a account and he give me commision i have all the transaction details

Upwork have all the chats please check

Usama A wrote:

Upwork have all the chats please check

Upwork isn't going to help somebody who violates their terms of service and who looks like they deliberately took part in fraud/money laundering. What made you think that you could charge $999/hour for doing a few minutes of easy work? There is no legitimate job or client that would ever pay you that much money. 

You was scammed. Also you have ToS violated.

but payment show in my pending

Sure. A while client won't charged. You will receive update after next weekend.

is my payment secure???

is my payment secure mykola

I think no. As i said before. Just wait a while. You cannot do anything now.

okay i am waiting

This is a scam. I am sorry to have to tell you that you will not receive the money from the client. Why spending so much money for a total stranger?

Jobs that consist in buying things are not allowed and are a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

If getting a big commission for so little work looks too goog to be true, it is not true.

Read this to better spot scams.

Top Red Flags for Scams: From Community Membe... - Upwork Community

but i am paying from my personal assets

All transactions have to go through Upwork. Not from personal assets.

but the same i say payment in pending but not in available

pending means Upwork is trying to charge the payment method of client. Is stays pending until they are successful.

I cases of scam, scammers might use stolen cards. Real owner rejects the charges and amount will dissapear from pending.

And payment is still in my pending

chakabudatatenda
Community Member

Did you spend $4000 on a job and the client has to give you back that amount? Was it an hourly contract? did you use the time tracker? 

Tatenda C wrote:

Did you spend $4000 on a job and the client has to give you back that amount? Was it an hourly contract? did you use the time tracker? 

It doesn't matter. He used an hourly rate of $999. His profile rate is $10. He told us he bought a pubg account, which I believe is some virtual gaming currency. The ToS violations: 

• maybe communicating outside of upwork before hire - not material in light of the others:
  • buying virtual currency for a client - big one
  • paying someone outside of upwork - big one

Unless the money he paid for pubg can be recovered or reversed, it is gone. 

Working for 99 times your profile rate is not a good look on any profile, that alone would raise suspicions, even if the client had paid and the freelancer received the money. There is no reason why a legit client would ever agree to overpay by that much, and no freelancer should accept this suggestion.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths