cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Cancellation

Highlighted
Anna Krizna M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
11 of 25

I see. Please be patient with me Judy. I'm just having a hard time understanding the payment process. 

Done editing it and I entered the correct BRSTN as what you have instructed. So $66.61 is now processed. Can we say that I will be able to receive the pay next week in my bank account? 

Please see attached file for reference. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
12 of 25

Once you click on the "Get Paid" button, Upwork will begin processing your payment and your total balance will become zero.  Your payment schedule may also affect the frequency by which you will get paid.  

security_period.jpg

This has been lifted from https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063698-Weekly-Billing-Cycle.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 25

Not a thing Juvy said has anything to do with your problem.

It looks like you withdrew some money, (either by manually withdrawing, or by having set a payment schedule) but when you did, the bank account information was wrong?

Is that correct?

If, at the time of withdrawing, the bank details for the receiving bank were not correct, the money can not arrive in your bank account.

One of two things will happen:

1) The mismatch was not significant and the bank can process your payment, so it will end up in your bank account

or

2) The mismatch of info between the account details the money was withdrawn to and your real bank account don't match, and the money will be returned to your Upwork account.

This typically takes about a week, but can take longer.

If you had changed your account details to the correct details BEFORE the withdrawal took place there should not be an issue.

If the withdrawal happened when the bank details were still wrong, 1) or 2) above will happen.

Highlighted
14 of 25

Hi Petra,

Oh, thank heavens! You did really understand my concern. Kudos to you. Yes, Juvy is so far out. I'm not happy with her response. I know she wants to help, but she didn't understand me at all. She just gives me basic info. Anyway, now that you're more knowledgeable than her, I still have a few more questions to ask. These are the basic and common concern but I just want to make sure because I'm always getting skeptical when money is involved especially this is my first time in Upwork.

Please see attached file for reference Petra. And my questions are:

1) On Last Payment details, it states there the amount of $66.61. Is that the amount I'll be expecting to receive next week?

and

2) The Balance: $80.75 (on top), is that the remaining balance I have to withdraw next time? In short, the total balance that I have is $147.36. Am I correct? If not, please be patient to explain it to me. Thank you.

Anna Krizna

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
15 of 25

Hi Anna,

Please note that I've merged the two threads about your transaction and payment method enquiries. I also edited screenshots of your Get Paid page which contains partial information about your payment method, and would advise you not to share this or any other sensitive information in the Community forums, with other users or anywhere else in order to protect its integrity.

Highlighted
16 of 25

I see. Thanks for letting me know Vlad. Again, like what I have said, it's my first time here in Upwork. Sorry if I've created another topic/thread, coz I can't wait for your response and no one is responding me.

Highlighted
Community Guru
BEST ANSWER
17 of 25

@Anna Krizna M wrote:

1) On Last Payment details, it states there the amount of $66.61. Is that the amount I'll be expecting to receive next week?

and

2) The Balance: $80.75 (on top), is that the remaining balance I have to withdraw next time? In short, the total balance that I have is $147.36. Am I correct? If not, please be patient to explain it to me. Thank you.

Anna Krizna

Anna, The $ 66.61 is what you withdrew, either automatically or manually, - it is the money which is on it's way to your bank account, but it may not arrive if the account number was wrong. In that case it will come back to your Upwork account.

The $ 80.75 is what you can withdraw immediately, by clicking on the big green "Get Paid Now" button which will send the funds to your bank account. It takes 2-4 business days for them to get deposited there.

get paid.jpg

Please note that you have set your payment schedule to only automatically withdraw if your balance is above $ 1000 - this means that if you want funds sent to your bank account earlier, you can click on "Get Paid Now" to withdraw them from Upwork to your bank account.

Click on Reports to see a summary of your financial activities and to see which stage your money is in at any given time:

Reports.jpg

You see the little question marks next to "In Progress" "In Review" "Pending" and "Available?"

That's where you get more details as to what those "stages" mean.

Click on "More Reports" and then "Transaction History" - you then get to a page that shows you in the left hand column exactly what will become available, and when, as well as when you have withdrawn and the date (left hand column again) or when funds have become available.

Those with a slightly grey background are not available yet but it shows when they will be:

transaction history.jpg

View solution in original post

Highlighted
18 of 25

Hi Petra,

You're such a big help. Lastly, I tried to withdraw the $80.75 right now but why am I encountering this error? 

(Payment Method: You have no active payment methods.)

Anna Krizna

Highlighted
Community Guru
19 of 25

@Anna Krizna M wrote:

Hi Petra,

You're such a big help. Lastly, I tried to withdraw the $80.75 right now but why am I encountering this error? 

(Payment Method: You have no active payment methods.)

When did you change your account details? When you do that, the withdrawal method becomers unavailable for 3 days, as a security measure (in case someone tries to change the withdrawal method without your authorisation)

If you corrected the bank account details less than 3 days ago that will be why it is not yet active.

Highlighted
20 of 25

Alright, Petra. You have answered all my queries.  Kudos to you. That's all for now. Thank you so much. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS