🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Cancellation
Page options
aguacar
Community Member

Payment Cancellation

Hi,

I forgot to delete my local bank account (which was just recently closed) link to my Upwork account and today my earnings was automatically initiated payment to my local bank. What should I do? Will my earnings get revert back to my Upwork account? Can I now delete my payment method? As of the moment, I can't add yet another payment method because I'm waiting for my new card to be available.

Appreciate your help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you, Goran! This is very helpful. I'm relieved to hear that. I'll reach out anytime.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Carina,

Rest assured, your funds should be returned back to your Upwork account. If you haven't received your funds after 8 business days, let us (Moderators) know here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction.

Regarding your payment method, feel free to add another payment and delete your inactive method at any time. You can also have more than one payment method and set one of them as a preferred payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, Goran! This is very helpful. I'm relieved to hear that. I'll reach out anytime.

Hello Goran.
Regarding payment cancellation is possible to edit the amount requested?
I was checking the last rate and tap “get paid” for all my money by error ...
I would like to cancel my request

Hi Sandra,

There is no longer any way to cancel the transaction. If you need to set aside a balance, you may do so on your next withdrawal. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Thank you Joane,

I will be careful next time. 

Greetings.

yussi25
Community Member

My money went to the wrong branch, it doesn't show up in my account

Hi Yusuf,

I'm sorry to hear that, please go ahead and update your payment method with the latest information right away. As for your last withdrawal, please wait 8 business days for the funds to reach your account or be reversed to your Upwork balance. If you still haven't received your funds by then please follow up with us and we'll initiate a trace for you.

~Andrea
Upwork
ef66a363
Community Member

Hi, 

I need some help regarding my payment. My payment went to the payoneer account which has been disabled. So, I can't access that account. I want to cancel my payment transaction. Kindly please help. I'm much worried about it. 

Hi Daud,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
yussi25
Community Member

I made a withdrawal. However, I've been waiting for 5 days and it still hasn't arrived in my account, please check it. Inform me. I entered my Swift code correctly, but my bank name is correct, the branch is not my branch. Money sent? If it was sent, why didn't it come to my account please help

Hi Joanne,

Is there a way to cancel the transfer to my bank account, which was initiated automatically according to my payment schedule?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Volodymyr  

Hi Volodymyr, did your account exceed the "$" limit that make the automatic fund transfer? I had the limit put as 1000$.

This just happened to me right now they have automatically transferred funds without our authorization.

I’m upvoteing your massage can you do the same for me.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Support/Uninitiated-fund-transaction/m-p/1098644

Hi Chatra,

I've set my payment schedule to 'quarterly', and as the quarter passed and I had more than 1000$ Upwork automatically trigger the payment. So, Upwork did everything correctly according to my configuration, but I still wonder if there is a way to cancel the payment.

Hi Volodymyr,

Thank you for your message. We are unable to stop or reverse the fund withdrawal initiated from your Upwork account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I created a withdrawal request, the money was sent but not in my account. Probably there is a problem with the Swift code. I would like to cancel my withdrawal request if possible. The money did not reach me
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members