🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment Dispute
Page options
2f7ab74d
Community Member

Payment Dispute

I complete my work within 2 days for fixed rate project and my client ask me to refund and he cancel the project. So, how can I get paid for my effort?

Communication level and by nature my client is very good, but he didn't satisfy with output and ask me to refund but i want to get paid of my work because i had done literally based on true requirements and put all of my efforts so far.

4 REPLIES 4
NikolaS

Hi Fasih,

It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

Edited to add information: 

I would like to let you know that you have an option to dispute the money in escrow. Upwork Fixed-Price Protection allows freelancers and agencies to file disputes under two circumstances.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Fasih A wrote:

So, how can I get paid for my effort?

Did you get an official request to return the escrow funds?

You can either agree, which will send the money back to the client, or reject the request, which will then start a dispute.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "he didn't satisfy with output"

You should not say that. You have no way of knowing if that is true.

The client CLAIMED that he was not satisfied. How do you know if he is telling the truth? Maybe is is just saying that in order to steal your money.

You said yourself that you completed the task and did a good job. The client should pay you what he agreed to pay you. He should pay you even if he is "unsatisfied."

If he TRULY is not satisfied, then he may choose to never hire you again.

Preston H wrote:

The client CLAIMED that he was not satisfied. How do you know if he is telling the truth? Maybe is is just saying that in order to steal your money.

That's ultimately entirely irrelevant. 

The OP asked what he can do to at least try to get paid. The answer is to dispute.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths