🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Dispute
Page options
tasaddaq_mahmood
Community Member

Payment Dispute

Dear Team,

I worked for the client on an hourly-based contract but the client is not paying for the work and end the contract.

Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tasaddaq,

On an hourly contract, you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. Please this article to learn how to log time using this app. Please learn about Hourly Payment Protection and Weekly Billing Cycle

You may want to follow up with your client and ask them to process a bonus payment. In the future, please consider using Upwork Desktop App to track your hours so you could benefit from Upwork Hourly Protection.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Tasaddaq M wrote:

I worked for the client on an hourly-based contract but the client is not paying for the work and end the contract.

Clients are charged automatically for the hours you tracked. They do not proactively "pay"! 

Did you track your hours using the Upwork tracker properly, with meaningful memos and good activity levels?

When you say "Dispute" - is your client disputing your hours?

Dear Petra,

I did not track the hour, but I tried to contact him through the helpdesk for the bonus payment. Hopefully, it will work.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tasaddaq,

On an hourly contract, you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. Please this article to learn how to log time using this app. Please learn about Hourly Payment Protection and Weekly Billing Cycle

You may want to follow up with your client and ask them to process a bonus payment. In the future, please consider using Upwork Desktop App to track your hours so you could benefit from Upwork Hourly Protection.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members