🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Inquiry: Live chat support feature
Page options
f2da47ee
Community Member

Payment Inquiry: Live chat support feature

Hello,

I am recieving my first payment on Upwork. The full amount has been withdrawn from my client, but the payment is not getting through to me.

I have updated my payment information & have my paypal account set up (its been well past 3 days now). I've also set the monthly payment to be only when its more than $500. So I am well aware of that restriction limiting the payment from getting through to me.

However, my concern is with two things:

1) A $100 payment that has been "in review" & was suddenly lessened to $80 once it was "pending". Someone please clarify what is going on. I'm aware that Upwork takes a 5% fee, but $20 in this case is 20%.

2) Another issue I have is with the live chat support button that says "Get help". It is unresponsive. I've tried clicking it & tapping it (with my finger) & nothing happens.

Kindly clarify the two issues above. I would appreciate being contacted privately via e-mail.

Regards,

Asma

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hello Asma,

Thank you for your questions.

The Freelancer Service Fees are charged based on your lifetime billings with each non Enterprise client. It starts with 20% for the first $500 earned on your contract and it is reduced to 10% for earnings between $500.01-$10,000. It is further reduced to 5% for earnings of $10,000.01 and more. You can refer to this Help article for more information.

All Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. Once your funds are available, you can withdraw your available balance at any time using the "Get Paid Now" option. Feel free to use Email options to send your inquiry through a support ticket in case the Live chat option is not unavailable. 

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hello Asma,

Thank you for your questions.

The Freelancer Service Fees are charged based on your lifetime billings with each non Enterprise client. It starts with 20% for the first $500 earned on your contract and it is reduced to 10% for earnings between $500.01-$10,000. It is further reduced to 5% for earnings of $10,000.01 and more. You can refer to this Help article for more information.

All Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. Once your funds are available, you can withdraw your available balance at any time using the "Get Paid Now" option. Feel free to use Email options to send your inquiry through a support ticket in case the Live chat option is not unavailable. 

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Thank you for your extensive & prompt reply, Pradeep.

Could you provide me with a link to the e-mail tickets you're referring to.

Also, is there a specific reason as to why the live chat option is not accessible? It seemed to work just fine before & through my verification process.

Regards,

Asma A.

Hello Asma,

The Live chat option for verification is not available for any support-related query. You can initiate a support ticket from this link to get assistance with your account related queries. Scroll down to the bottom of that page and click 'Get Help' on the Contact Us section. Select 'I'm a freelancer' and type your query and hit 'Ask Question'. Scroll down to the end of the next page and click 'Contact Support'. Alternately, you can also post your query here so that I can check and assist you.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members