🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment Issue
Page options
ianpeers
Community Member

Payment Issue

My client says she has paid and would have had to in order to start the contract. I have to manually enter my time into the contract and it said that last Friday was the end of the period. I'm unclear if I have been paid, I checked my paypal and nothing is there. The client says that nothing is noted on her end. 

How can we determine that payment is being made and I can save this client from forever signing off of using Upwork!!!

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ian,

You can check your Pending tab and In Review tab in order to confirm the status of your payments. 

Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

The funds you're referring to are currently under the Pending tab. That means they are currently subjected to a standard five-day security period and will become available for withdrawal on Wednesday. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ianpeers
Community Member

I'm relatively new to upwork. I tried posting about my payment problems but I haven't gotten a response. 

I need to speak to an actual human being

I have no idea where my pay is!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ian,

I've merged your post into another thread where your concern was addressed. Let us know if you have any additional questions we could assist you with. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members