🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Issue
Page options
cartoongirl
Community Member

Payment Issue

Hello, the payment I transferred to my account is still not received. I talked to my bank, it does not appear in the pool. He said the payment might have returned to you. Can you check? If he returns to you, can I give you my USD account information for payment? I think there is a problem with this.  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sinem B wrote:

It has not been 8 days, but they said that the money payments from abroad are normally paid within 3 days?

It takes 2 to 5 business days (excluding holidays and weekends.)

Upwork won't initiate a trace until a minimum of 8 business days (excluding holidays and weekends) have passed, because the funds almost invariably  turn up by then!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
petra_r
Community Member

Sinem B wrote:

Hello, the payment I transferred to my account is still not received. 

Has it been 8 business days (excluding weekends and holidays?) since you withdrew?

Sinem B wrote:

He said the payment might have returned to you. 

If it has been returned, it will automatically appear in your Upwork balance again.

Sinem B wrote:

can I give you my USD account information for payment?

You need to do that yourself by adding it as a withdrawal method in your settings.

It has not been 8 days, but they said that the money payments from abroad are normally paid within 3 days?

Sinem B wrote:

It takes 2 to 5 business days (excluding holidays and weekends.)

Upwork won't initiate a trace until a minimum of 8 business days (excluding holidays and weekends) have passed, because the funds almost invariably  turn up by then!

I did a direct local bank transfer on Friday Evening US time of a minimal amount just check direct transfer from Upwork to ma Bank Account for the first time that how it works and how much time does it take. It has not yet received my bank account after the completion of almost 4 business days or 3 might be. Exchange rates are also low than Payoneer and also takes too much time.

I use Upwork to Payoneer to Bank Account and it works great as money arrives within a day mostly.

I would suggest to those outside US to use Upwork to Payoneer method.

Would anyone guide me Upwork being the best freelance market on the globe, but lacks in this area of payments.

We still love Upwork.

Thanks
Regards

Hi Umer,

In general, direct to local bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. Please consider Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. You can check out this help article for more info on Direct to Local Bank Fees and Timing.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

>From Saturday morning till now i think we have completed 4 business days.
Please guide.
Thanks for the answer

Umer H wrote:
>From Saturday morning till now i think we have completed 4 business days.
Please guide.
Thanks for the answer

No. It's 3. Saturday and Sunday are not business days. A trace can not be initiated until 8 business days (excluding weekends and holidays such as Christmas) have passed.

Okay Thanks, I will wait for 8 business days then.

The transaction was done last Saturday on 19th December and it has not reached bank account yet. Can we initiate a trace now?
Thanks

Umer H wrote:
Can we initiate a trace now?

No. As was explained to you before, business days do not include weekends or holidays. It's barely business day 5.

okay thanks

Hi, I requested the payment on 19th Dec and got the email now with payment expected arrival details but it has not reached yet please guide. Thanks

Please  see the attached screenshot

Thanks for guiding me i got the payment.

2a245f2b
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I have processed my payments on 6th  and 13th of Jan and I still haven't receive any payments on my account.

On my first payment processed, I will be needing a proof of succesful payment on your end so I can have that submitted to my bank (Security Bank Philippines) and please check the status of my 2nd payment processed and when will the money reflected to my UnionBank account?

Hi Devinah,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi!

I have processed my payments on 18-Mar-2021 and I still haven't received any payments on my account.

Upon checking, I mistakenly used my card number instead of my bank account number.

Can this still be fixed? I used the same bank. I also made a ticket regarding this (Id #31281781). Please let me know what can I do to fix this problem.

Thanks!

Hello Janeil,

I can see that your withdrawal was successfully initiated on your Upwork account. It may take up to 4 business days for the payment to reach your bank account. You can refer to this Help article for more information. Feel free to message us if you do not receive funds within 8 days so that we can initiate payment tracing for you.

Thank you

Pradeep H

Upwork
Community Member

I am having issues with my payment. I already checked with my bank & they have no deposits from your end. This is the 3rd time I have had this issue. I need a solution to this problem please. I do not know why my money is not being deposited to my account from your end. Please have someone contact me in regards to this issue.

Hi Luis,

I checked your account and it looks like the transaction you're referring to was initiated yesterday, is that right? Please know, Direct to Local Bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If more than 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds, you can follow up with us and we'll be happy to initiate a trace for you.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

I requested my funds to be transfer to my account on tuesday march 30th &
the payment must be done every wednesday as usual. Already called my bank
and there is no deposit done. So that means that the funds have not been
released on your end. This is the 3rd time I have had this issue. The
deposit should've come in yesterday as it usually comes into my account
petra_r
Community Member

Luis M wrote:
I requested my funds to be transfer to my account on tuesday march 30th

If your payment does not arrive after 8 business days (excluding weekends and holidays), you can ask for a trace to be initiated. Until then, you simply wait. There is nothing that needs to be done and nothing that can be done.

Luis M wrote:
the payment must be done every wednesday as usual. 

Nonsense! The standard time is 2 to 5 business days. 

Community Member

There is something that can be done. Is releasing my funds. No reason why
you should not release them when all of my other co workers already have
received the deposit

Hi Luis,

I understand it is important for you to receive your earnings as soon as possible. Rest assured, I checked the transaction and can confirm it was successful on our end. You can learn more about Direct to Local Bank Fees and Timing here. You'll most likely receive your funds before then, but if not, feel free to follow up with us after 8 business days so we can initiate that trace.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Good morning, I still have not received any deposit into my account. I just
got off the phone with my bank & they said that they do not have a
deposit/transfer made into my account. According to the message that I get
everytime my payment is processed the delivery date is already done. I need
to know what is going on & why I have not received my payment yet.
petra_r
Community Member

Luis M wrote:
I need to know what is going on & why I have not received my payment yet.

Nothing is going on. You need to wait 8 business days. That excludes weekends and holidays. It's Easter at the moment. If your payment does not arrive after 8 business days (excluding weekends and holidays), you can ask for a trace to be initiated. Until then, you simply wait. There is nothing that needs to be done and nothing that can be done until the 8 business days are over. 

It's only business day 3 today!! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths