🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment Issue?
Page options
laurenjobest
Community Member

Payment Issue?

Hello!

I just filled in my information for the W-9 and scheduled my first payment for the end of the month. I've been doing freelance work with a client for about two weeks and have accumulated what seems to be about 50-60 dollars of work based on hourly pay. 

This no longer shows up in my 'billings and earnings' tab, only my 'lifetime billings,' and the My Balance that shows in the 'Get Paid' tab of settings is 0. I just want to make sure that I'll be getting paid on time, and when such information should appear in both tabs! 

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Lauren,

Rest assured, I checked your account and everything is working as designed. Congratulations on your first contract! Since this is an Hourly Contract, you are paid based on the Weekly Billing Cycle:

Week 1 – You log time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

Your client doesn't need to manually verify the work you completed, they can only file a dispute during the review period. If no action is taken on their end, your funds will be released to you as detailed above. The funds are only showing in your Lifetime Billings since this includes pending to be paid funds. You can check on the status of your funds in Reports > Overview.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members