cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Issue

Highlighted
Assam A Member Since: Jul 13, 2015
1 of 3

I had an hourly work from a client who told me add hours manually. I completed the work and added the hours. He said thanks and dissapeared. I started a ticket which told me that the hours will be added after week end and then there's this long process. So i waited for the week end after which the payment was in review, the client didn't respond throughout. However after the review period the payment directly went to pending which meant that i would get it on 29th July so i stopped asking the customer service about it but when i opened it today, it says the amount has been refunded. I don't know why the amount was refunded even though i did the work and i should get the amount. No disputes were filed. I need to know if there is anyway to get my payment. The client was okay with the work, he didn't make any queries or told me he need any changes. He said thanks and dissapeared. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
2 of 3

Assam,

I am not sure about your specific case since you already have a open ticket with CS, but Upwork Hourly Protection ensures that an hour worked is an hour paid. However, Upwork states in their Upwork Hourly Protection for Freelancers guidelines that you're not covered when you manually add hours to the system. It's highly recommended that you use the Time Tracker from now on to ensure you get paid.

Wish you the best of luck.

Best regards,

Wassim

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 3

Hi Assam,

Wassim is correct, if there are any issues with the client's payment method and the payment doesn't go through, manual time will be refunded. Unfortunately that's what happened in your case. You can contact your client and ask them to pay you in a form of a bonus.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS