🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment Method In Bangladesh
Page options
saycot
Community Member

Payment Method In Bangladesh

Hi, in Bangladesh there is a popular Mobile banking system called "bkash" which is hold by their main bank called "BRAC Bank" last week i tried to add my Bkash account into upwork add after a few days it approved. May i know if Bkash is acceptable for withdrawal. As far, 88% of freelancers from Bangladesh use "Rocket" as their payment method and Rocket is hold by "Dutch Bangla Bank". But i want to know about Bkash. Is that Bkash (BRAC Bank) is all set to make withdrawal from upwork?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nayon_islam
Community Member

It seems bkash won't work for withdrawing money! I tried and it didn't work(see screenshot). @MD Najumus Sakib

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi MD, 

It looks like you were able to set up this bank to withdraw your earnings on Upwork. The payment method is now active, and you should be able to withdraw your available earnings at any time. If there are any issues, you can contact our Customer Support Team directly so that they can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
nayon_islam
Community Member

thank you for bringing this up brother, were you abel to withraw funds to bkash? @MD Najmus Sakib

It would be really helpful if you can share how you were setup bkash account as a withdrawl method. Especially, which branch have you used? as bkash doesn't provide one like Rocket does. I got this(attached) branch adding the brac bank swift code. Did you use this one?

Your answers will be really appreciated brother. Look forward to hearing from you.

I Just fill with my proper details. Later on that was accepted within 5
days i guess. It Rajshahi Branch. But to be mentioned i didn’t make
withdraw in bkash to avoid any risk because i also emailed asking Bkash,
did they supported by Upwork or not? they said not sure but if you want
you can give a try with a small amount.

thank you for your response brother. If I give it a try, I will let you now how it goes.

nayon_islam
Community Member

It seems bkash won't work for withdrawing money! I tried and it didn't work(see screenshot). @MD Najumus Sakib

Hi Mahabul,

To learn more about our accepted payment methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hopefully Bkash will be added soon in upwork payment method. that would be a great advantage for us. almost 100 % of freelancers in Bangladesh are also users of Bkash.

hopefully Bkash will be added soon in upwork payment method. that would be a great advantage for us. almost 100 % of freelancers in Bangladesh are also users of Bkash.i think this method updated as soon as possible.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**.. I've set a payment request 37$ from UPWORK to bKash but I haven't received it yet but it's already 48 hours gone, Can I get a refund from UPWORK if it does not support bKash as a payment method? I contacted with bKash but they can't give any information about that's.

if the payment was unsuccessful it will revert to your Upwork account and
in your case, it will definitely revert. But if you think it's a delay you
can contract the Upwork support team.

Hi Sheikh,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths