cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Method Not Verified

Royal S Member Since: Mar 14, 2017
1 of 4

Good afternoon,

I am new to Upwork and there is a job in which I am interested; however, it says "Client Pay Method not Verified."  The client gives "***" for the work, but the payment method has not been verified.

I'd like to know if this is a risk worth taking.

Thank you for your time.

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
2 of 4

This means that they are a new account and have likely never hired anyone on Upwork before. Clients are not required to verify payment methods before posting jobs. This doesn't necessarily mean that they are not worth applying for - some of my best clients have been new users.

So, if the post sounds like a legitimate job that you want to do, go ahead and apply for it. If you get an interview, go ahead and answer and determine if you want to work with the client.

BUT - do NOT actually START any work until you receive an official offer through Upwork, with the terms that you have agreed on with the client. For an hourly job, once you have a contract, you WILL get paid for hours tracked through the Upwork tracking software. Make sure to use it.

For a fixed price job, make sure that you don't start work until you have a milestone in place and you can see that it is funded through escrow.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 4

I frequently accept a contract but tell the client I cannot begin working until their payment method is verified.  Usually not a problem

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
4 of 4

I experienced this before.  I received a notification via email.

Unverified_payment_method.jpg

Then after checking my Team App if the contract was listed there, I began working right away.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS