🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Method Under Different Names
Page options
usmanglobal
Community Member

Payment Method Under Different Names

Hi,

I am facing a problem regarding the upwork Payment Method Issues as the account created was by me "Usman Imran"
By mistake payment method of "Syed Mohammad Bilal Raza" was updated.
Need guidance on how to resolve it urgently, as i have pending contracts.

Best Regards.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Usman,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Usman I wrote:

Hi,

I am facing a problem regarding the upwork Payment Method Issues as the account created was by me "Usman Imran"
By mistake payment method of "Syed Mohammad Bilal Raza" was updated.
Need guidance on how to resolve it urgently, as i have pending contracts.

Best Regards.

Seems like an innocent little typo that could happen to anybody.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Usman,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Appreciate the quick response!

I have sent the upwork support my problem.

How long would it take to get the issue resolved as i have active contracts on my upwork account.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Usman,

I checked this for you and see that the correct team received your support ticket. Please allow time to them to respond and update the ticket. If you have any additional question please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Appreciate the quick response!

Another problem i am facing is that when i billed the client the amount it was invoiced to him and deducted from his account and my account also displays that i have earned that much.

But when i go to Get Paid tab it shows 0$

Hi Usman,

You can check your In Review tab and Work In Progress tab in order to confirm the status of your payments. 

Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello everyone,

I posted a query on this platform and the community is so helpful even the moderators responded quickly.

But unfortunately, the issue could not be resolved.
By mistake the name entered for my payment method was "Syed Mohammad Bilal Raza"
My name is "Usman Imran" so there was a conflict between names and upwork put me on hold.

I tried to put in my details but the issue was still not resolved and it's asking for Identity verification, when I go for that option then "Syed Mohammad Bilal Raza" is locked in the name field and it says it must match or account will get suspended.

Need guidance on this matter.

Moderators or admins your gracious help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards.

Hi Usman,

Feel free to proceed with the ID verification by submitting the requested IDs. Our team already shared with you more information regarding your concern via this support ticket. If you have any additional questions feel free to follow up on your existing support ticket and our agent will gladly assist you further.  

~ Bojan
Upwork
juliayeh
Community Member

BTW I have similar issue - created account under a different name from my bank account, can't I have them different?  I tried to get support under "I'm a freelancer" but UpWork kept exit from the Help and Support screen.

Hi Julia,

To set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. You can check out this help article for more information.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
a13205af
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I am trying to attach my domiciliary account as a new payment method but it is not getting verified. My verified Upwork name is Chioma **Edited for Community Guidelines** but the bank account name is Chioma **Edited for Community Guidelines**, which is also the same name on my government ID I used for the Upwork verificatioin. Please help me out with this.

Chioma

Hi Chioma,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members