🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment Method Verification
Page options
11c406e2
Community Member

Payment Method Verification

Hi,

I am trying to add my Debit Card to get Upwork membership by it gives an error "Payment Method Could not be verified". I contacted my bank and they said the reason showing was "I did not add the 3 security digits at the back of the card". I removed the card and tried to add it again but the same issue. The payment service is active but payments are not getting through.

I cleared my cookies also, with no effect.

How can I verify my card, need assistance with this?

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hello Fahad,

I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble purchasing a membership plan. You will need to reach out to your card bank and clarify with them directly the reason for the declined transaction. Please make sure to inform them that you are using the card as a billing method to purchase in Upwork. You can also try adding a different card to purchase a membership plan.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

I did contact my bank, they said the transaction is not even showing. When I try to add the Card as a billing method it just says

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I have tried adding 2 different Bank Cards but none worked. Also, do I need to add the Billing Address the same as word to word?

Hi Fahad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
11c406e2
Community Member

ok, thank you for the information.

I will get into contact with my Bank again. Just to be sure, I can buy a membership with DebitCard correct? and Payoneer card also. Or is it limited to Credit Card only?

Hi Fahad,

You can use either a Credit or Debit card, Paypal, or your Upwork balance. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths