🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment Method and Identity Verification
Page options
82c3d1a1
Community Member

Payment Method and Identity Verification

Hello,

I just added a billing method in my Upwork account. So, the cardholder of the Visa account is my legal brother. I am from Bangladesh and so is my brother. However recently my brother moved to a different country, precisely Germany. In Bangladesh, it's a complicated process to get an International Visa Card. So I used my brother's Visa account as my billing method. I can prove that the Visa owner is my brother, who is from Bangladesh, currently residing in Germany or any other details if needed.

Is there any way for me to verify my account with my own details and not my brother's? If it is not possible, I will have no other way than to leave Upwork as I don't currently own an international billing method. 

Regards

Sakib

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mohammad,

Feel free to add the rest of the details and submit the information. If additional information is needed our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mohammad,

Please use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

Once you`re required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly and will share additional instructions with you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your quick reply. I am currently being asked to verify my identity. When I try to verify and click Get Started, the Full Name is my brother's name or the Visa card holder's name. Is there any possible way to change that name to my own name and make the system accept my Government-issued ID and not the cardholder's ID? 

Hi Mohammad,

Feel free to add the rest of the details and submit the information. If additional information is needed our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Goran, I wanted to ask if it is allowed on Upwork that for example, he gives his profile to his brother and that his brother does the verification process for him? 

Hi Alisa,

Sharing an account is not allowed and it is a violation of our TOS. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths