🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment Method disabled.
Page options
daniel-macedo
Community Member

Payment Method disabled.

Hi,
I have been able to recieve funds to my local bank account directly for the past 2 years. But recently I got the message " Payment failed we are experiencing technical error try again in a minute" and the payment method is being disabled. Tried reenabling over and over and still got the same message. Can you help with that?

Thanks,

Daniel

44 REPLIES 44
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Daniel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I am having the same problem. My payment method got disabled. I have been using local bank transfer as my payment method for over 2 years. Despite re-enabling it, it has refused to work. Please look into this as soon as you can. Thanks

Hi Joshua,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Okay

Hello! I have the same problem. 

Hi Rein,

Could you please try adding your payment method again? If you receive any errors on your end, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i tried deleting it and adding it again but still having an error. but i have been using this bank account for a few years now. 

please message me or let's hop on a call. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rein, 

I'm not able to replicate the issue you're describing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
msanchez
Community Member

It's all good now. Thank you. 

ainit
Community Member

Hello this is the same Issue I have had.. Please look into this. I did not have an issue with withdrawing money to my local bank before. why is it happening now?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aileen Gale,

I was not able to replicate the issue you're describing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ainit
Community Member

Hello Bojan, 

Thank you for the reply. I just requested for withdrawal of funds to my bank account  yesterday and received a notification today that it can't be processed and that my payment method was again disabled. I have successfully withdrawn my funds to this bank account before without any issues. So I am wondering why it's not working now.  Your attention to this issue is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Aileen

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aileen Gale,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I got the same problem

Hi Kalayu,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Am also experiencing this problem where I cannot withdraw funds. Please help.

Hi Muriithi,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Goran! 

I tried it again and it is fine now. Whatever you did , it worked! 

Thank you. 

hello sir this is my 1st time getting my payments and I'm having a problem with it my payment method keeps on getting disabled for 2 weeks now pls help me solve this problme 

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble with your payment method. I checked and I see that your payment methods are already active now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I'm currently unable to withdraw funds to my bank account as Upwork has disabled it, despite previously successful withdrawals. Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Aqsa,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I deleted and re-added my payment method (local bank transfer) like you instructed but I'm still experiencing the same issue of "disabled payment method. Please look into it as soon as you possibly can. Thank you.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joshua,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response in order to assist you further. You should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
dinn-joe
Community Member

Okay. What exactly do I need to do and how can I contact the person?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joshua,

In order to follow up on your existing support ticket please use this link. Once our agent has more information about the issue you're experiencing, they'll assist you accordingly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I am getting the same the same issue now. ''Your payment via direct to local bank transfer account failed and the money has been credited back to your account.'' It does not work when I re-enable it. 

Can I get assistance?

Thank you

Hi Francois,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

HI everyone, I am experimenting exactly the same issue, payment method was working normally for a long time, and it just stopped working, payment method was disabled automatically, when I reenable it and try to get paid it disables again, and receive an error.

Hi Severo,

I shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm having the same issue, please help me to solve this. Upwork disabled my payoneer. since I'm from Kosovo and my Country is not listed yet at UpWork, there is no other chance for me to withdrawal my money.

Hi Artan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
danielmbcn
Community Member

Seems like clearing the cookies and the session storage from the browser makes the trick. I was having the same issue and after clearing Upwork's data in Chrome and making a hard-refresh, my payment method stopped to be disabled and I was able to send the funds to my bank account.

You may also try to get your funds by opening an incognito window in your browser.

Daniel, im facing the same problem. 

I had already deleted and reentered my bank info but the problem keeps happening. Just clearing the cache/opening an incognito window made it work for you? Or have you done something else?

muhamedr
Community Member

I have the same issue when i transfer funds to my local bank and also my PayPal didn't work .. and i want to know what is the problem because i will not receive any work until fix this issue..

Hi Mohamed,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Im facing the same problem!!! Its been almost a year i cant transfer my funds to my account, what is happening?

Hi Joao,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths