ursutalina

Payment Method not verified

Hello. I got a job where I should get around 300$ after completing it. The problem is that the client seems new on Upwork, as it is his first job posted and his payment method is not verified. Is it possible for him to verify his payment method if he hasn't posted any other jobs and this is the first one?  The contract is fixed-price and the job will take around 2 days to be completed..I haven't accepted the offer yet, seeing what I told you above. Should I risk and work for him even if he doesn't verify his payment method?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, Alina, clients can verify their payment method even if they are new to Upwork. They just need to ether use verified PayPal account or verify their credit card by entering two small Upwork charges into the form in their Settings.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alina,

Please make sure to ask your client to verify their payment method and accept their offer only after they have done so, in order to use Upwork Payment Protection

Untitled

So is it possible to verify the payment method if you have no previous posted jobs? Thank you.

Yes, Alina, clients can verify their payment method even if they are new to Upwork. They just need to ether use verified PayPal account or verify their credit card by entering two small Upwork charges into the form in their Settings.

~ Valeria
Upwork